TORA ShirtRLM_10_main_logoMSA_full
Donations
Donations options

TCC S9 General Discussion

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TCC S9 General Discussion

Post by HaydieT on Tue 5 Aug 2014 - 7:11

I was a bottom lobby racer when I started playing Forza, just keep greasing it out and you'll get quicker Smile
HaydieT

TORA Race Number : 11
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2012-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Minardi on Tue 5 Aug 2014 - 7:36

HCR Mad Dog wrote:I was a bottom lobby racer when I started playing Forza, just keep greasing it out and you'll get quicker Smile
And look at the guy now.. He stays doing work in A lobby!  cheers  He still isn't as fast as Collin though.. OOHH  lol!  heheehe

LMR Minardi

TORA Race Number : 175
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1514
Registration date : 2008-08-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Minardi on Tue 5 Aug 2014 - 7:42

Only playing around, not trying to start anything haha  Smile 

LMR Minardi

Xbox One Xbox 360

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN on Tue 5 Aug 2014 - 8:08

Unfortunately, as hard as we can try, we can never pegged back talent! And to be honest, we have no intention to. The only thing which will be pegged is if a certain car would be more dominant than the others. As I found out in the 2011 TORA TCC.  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes But there's no need to now as the cars ahve been tried, tested and are perfectly balanced & as equal as each other.

I use to be regularly in Lobby A a couple of years ago, but since we've had this flurry of talent like Mad Dog, Deftone, XPR, BG, F4H, CQR etc, I've got no chance of competing at the sharp end of the field anymore. However, it shouldn't take away the fun factor from TORA. The action in Lobbies B, C, D etc etc is just as exciting and intense as lobby A. I'm not making the guys in Lobby A seem like bad guys here! Honest! #lol  Razz Razz 

At the end of the day, which ever lobby we all end up in, we should consider having fun with those who have similar skills to each and everyone of us. That's one way of making the most of a great evenings racing and having fun at the same time.
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

TORA Race Number : 7
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4872
Registration date : 2008-09-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Minardi on Tue 5 Aug 2014 - 9:02

ATR DAN wrote:Unfortunately, as hard as we can try, we can never pegged back talent! And to be honest, we have no intention to. The only thing which will be pegged is if a certain car would be more dominant than the others. As I found out in the 2011 TORA TCC.  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes But there's no need to now as the cars ahve been tried, tested and are perfectly balanced & as equal as each other.

I use to be regularly in Lobby A a couple of years ago, but since we've had this flurry of talent like Mad Dog, Deftone, XPR, BG, F4H, CQR etc, I've got no chance of competing at the sharp end of the field anymore. However, it shouldn't take away the fun factor from TORA. The action in Lobbies B, C, D etc etc is just as exciting and intense as lobby A. I'm not making the guys in Lobby A seem like bad guys here! Honest! #lol  Razz Razz 

At the end of the day, which ever lobby we all end up in, we should consider having fun with those who have similar skills to each and everyone of us. That's one way of making the most of a great evenings racing and having fun at the same time.
+100
I agree with everything you said. The racing here is set up so what ever lobby you land in, it should be competitive and close racing. Sometimes people do end up in the wrong lobby because messing up in qualification and such, but those are factors that we can't control. I've been in a slump lately, mainly due to the fact that real life has been getting more hectic and taking a lot of my Forza time away. I use to be in the higher lobbies, but have been in the mid lobbies (mainly C) for awhile now because I can't dedicate as much time to practice. In the past few months, most of the races I've competed in I literally practice for 15 minutes before qualifying, or I don't even practice at all because I have no time too during the week. Yea I'd love to be in the higher lobbies, but I know that where I end up is the lobby I should be in at the given moment. I still have a great time each weekend I show up for an event. There will always be people much faster, much slower, and at about the same pace as yourself. Thats the great thing about TORA, all of the different skill levels allow for everyone to have an enjoyable, competitive, and fun experience.

LMR Minardi

Xbox One Xbox 360

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jonnotheone on Tue 5 Aug 2014 - 10:17

HCR Mad Dog wrote:I was a bottom lobby racer when I started playing Forza, just keep greasing it out and you'll get quicker Smile
don't get me wrong I'm way faster than I used to be and quickly picked up using manual with clutch and no assists' on apart from tcs lol...my idea wasn't to slow others down it was more to make things abit harder for someone to take all three wins like they do in the btcc.....but hey you either got it or you ain't I suppose...
jonnotheone

TORA Race Number : 66
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2014-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Schuey75 on Tue 5 Aug 2014 - 10:28

The only time i think a faster racer should be pegged back is if they carnt be a@#ed to qually just for an easier race in a lower lobby, i think this is point john is trying make.
Schuey75

TORA Race Number : 310
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2012-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Solar on Tue 5 Aug 2014 - 11:10

Schuey75 wrote:The only time i think a faster racer should be pegged back is if they carnt be a@#ed to qually just for an easier race in a lower lobby, i think this is point john is trying make.

it quite well maybe, but last time around catalunya i had 3 dirty laps with a 18:5, last attempt i took it a bit slower and ended up getting as 18:9 clean, some people just go all out on qually such as myself and if i end up dirtying my lap, thats my own fault yeah there maybe a few out there that just do it to win a few races, but that will give them less chance of winning the Championship, so really there not doing there selfs any favours, so really to be honest if they wanna do that let them, cause they will only become a worse racer if they keep doing that while your becoming a better racer
HCR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2237
Registration date : 2014-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TechnologicMau5 on Wed 6 Aug 2014 - 2:55

Went to edit the recording for my races today and found out my PVR drivers were corrupted again Mad Audio is wayy off-sync.

Griptek Performance Leader/Manager
Circuit Racer, Tuner & Painter
Drive clean. Drive fast.

TechnologicMau5

TORA Race Number : 30
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 938
Registration date : 2014-01-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt on Wed 6 Aug 2014 - 9:31

Can i please remind people of the importance of driving standards.
While a certain degree of contact in touring cars is expected, it is not to be the norm. Also, if you spin off another competitor, you are expected to give up that place as soon as possible.

Matt
jenson09

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14268
Registration date : 2008-08-05

View user profile http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BG Cowboy on Wed 6 Aug 2014 - 9:54

In real racing, even if you spin someone out you keep going because you know the penalty is coming.

Waiting for the person you spin out is no guarantee that an SI will not be submitted. If you stop to let them regain position AND get an SI put in against you it's double jeopardy.

Different people can have different views on sportsmanship but the rules are black and white. I trust in SIs , the Stewards and the appeals process to provide a fair outcome.

Note: the above is NOT an excuse for poor driving standards.
BG Cowboy

TORA Race Number : 259
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 838
Registration date : 2012-08-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Bellmond on Wed 6 Aug 2014 - 9:58

On that note if you do knock someone off and decide to give the place back find somewhere safe to do so!! Seen a few slam on the brakes on the racing line causing even more incidents
HCR Bellmond

TORA Race Number : 35
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1957
Registration date : 2012-08-02

View user profile http://happycatracing.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN on Wed 6 Aug 2014 - 15:32

Also remember to bare in mind that in the heat of battle, we can all get a bit red headed when it comes to overtaking. Especially when you have a huge crop of cars being in such close proximity. As I discovered in the first race with a few cars heading up the Corkscrew. I can't remember who it was but I was tagged up the rear which sent me wide, and then a few cars tangled in the downhill section. It was nothing major! We all kept going but in a section like that, it could have been so much worse.

Awareness of Space between all of our competitors is vital and we just need to bare this in mind when ever we go racing on the circuit. Braking slightly earlier than normal usually works and just giving enough space and not being overly defensive/attacking. Patience is the key!  Wink

When it comes to giving places back, make sure that you always do it on a long straight! Even if it is a few corners after where an incident occures. Just don't do such things where there's a lot of twisty corners where 9 times out of 10 your stuck on the racing line.
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

TORA Race Number : 7
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4872
Registration date : 2008-09-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CreamyTastey on Wed 6 Aug 2014 - 17:28

The thread I wanted to post this in is Locked

Please could I have my TCC entry withdrawn please.

Good luck to everyone else in the rest of the season
CreamyTastey

TORA Race Number : 8
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1276
Registration date : 2012-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S1lentRaven. on Wed 6 Aug 2014 - 19:28

I had fantastic fun in my first ever TCC B-lobby race.
Thanks to all that were there it was great hard close quarters racing from start to end  Very Happy 
Looking good so far for Ax4x Bilstien as well  Very Happy Very Happy
S1lentRaven.

TORA Race Number : 566
Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2013-04-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Opa the Opus on Thu 7 Aug 2014 - 8:21

CreamyTastey wrote:The thread I wanted to post this in is Locked

Please could I have my TCC entry withdrawn please.

Good luck to everyone else in the rest of the season

I am sorry that you are leaving TCC CreamyTastey, I hope the decision wasn't made because of our unfortunate collisions near the corkscrew on Laguna Seca. That is the trickiest section of track most drivers will ever encounter. I'm all ears if you wish to discuss it in private, or to discuss anything else for that matter. I do wish you the best, and hope you will reconsider your decision to withdraw from TCC, you seem to be a stand-up guy. Peace be with you.
Opa the Opus

TORA Race Number : 143
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2014-07-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ES5XB0Y on Thu 7 Aug 2014 - 11:10

I enjoyed the racing in c lobby this week. Such close racon and only one major incident which ruined my second race but oh the joys of racing. I took my first ever TORA TCC lobby win so was a mixed week lol. Hopefully more if the same next week

ES5XB0Y

TORA Race Number : 776
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2012-06-14

View user profile http://www.craracing.freeforums.org

Back to top Go down

Post by TFR Magic on Tue 12 Aug 2014 - 20:24

Any rules about wittering in qualifying?

It seems bad manners to me that some racers start wittering as soon as they've finished or dirtied their fifth lap when others are still racing. It's not just this week, the same happened in week one.

Its off putting, it's rude and it cost me at least half a second.
TFR Magic

TORA Race Number : 486
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Bandit on Tue 12 Aug 2014 - 20:27

TFR Magic wrote:Any rules about wittering in qualifying?

It seems bad manners to me that some racers start wittering as soon as they've finished or dirtied their fifth lap when others are still racing. It's not just this week, the same happened in week one.

What do you mean by "wittering?"

Community Team: ATR DAN l CRA Morphader l ErebusV8 l FranchittiFan l HaydieT l HCR Bellmond l henkymetcola l Hunty1981 l LMR Bandit l LMR Deftone MX l ShrinkingSteven l TJSteel l v Hurricane v l xKingCobra28

"I am not an idiot driver.  I am a smart driver surrounded by a bunch of idiots."
LMR Bandit

TORA Race Number : 205
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3929
Registration date : 2012-07-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jonnotheone on Tue 12 Aug 2014 - 20:36

LMR Bandit wrote:

talking mate...
jonnotheone

TORA Race Number : 66
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2014-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TFR Magic on Tue 12 Aug 2014 - 20:46

LMR Bandit wrote:

Wittering : to speak at length about trivial matters

Wink 
TFR Magic

Xbox 360 Xbox One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Solar on Tue 12 Aug 2014 - 21:49

i already apologised 2 you yeah i did talk when i finished my last lap and i hold my hands up, i thought everyone finished my Bad
HCR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2237
Registration date : 2014-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TFR Magic on Tue 12 Aug 2014 - 21:52

I didn't catch your reply. Apology accepted.

My point still stands.
TFR Magic

Xbox 360 Xbox One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TITAN TAYL0R on Tue 12 Aug 2014 - 22:42

Had a good nights racing tonight in lobby D but I DONT appreciate being called a [Censored], how do i make an official complaint, I might here for that
TITAN TAYL0R

TORA Race Number : 918
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2013-08-13

View user profile http://www.maturevideogamer.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by AMG Pr3d on Tue 12 Aug 2014 - 22:57

Well tonight's racing a fun, qualified massively out of position but I suppose at that moment in time, that was the lobby I deserved. By the end of race 2, I was back up to pace setting 1:31:3's in lobby E... Took all 3 wins and managed to obtain 1st place in race 3 before the first corner... Thanks to SkyShadow for hosting and hopefully I stay in position for following meetings!

AMG Pr3d

TORA Race Number : 102
Xbox 360 Playstation 3

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2014-06-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next