TORA ShirtRLM_10_main_logoMSA_full
Donations
Donations options

MSA TORA Sebring 12H - General Discussion

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: MSA TORA Sebring 12H - General Discussion

Post by HCR Noodle on Sat 13 Feb 2016 - 16:19

Oay, so basically the reserve teams most likely won't get to race I assume unless they expand.

HCR Noodle

TORA Race Number : 100
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1209
Registration date : 2014-10-25

View user profile http://happycatracing.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by xebot360 on Sat 13 Feb 2016 - 16:21

TSR Noodle wrote:Oay, so basically the reserve teams most likely won't get to race I assume unless they expand.

Yep

xebot360

TORA Race Number : 50
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 752
Registration date : 2014-03-10

View user profile http://facebook.com/FMRMotorsport

Back to top Go down

Post by xebot360 on Sat 13 Feb 2016 - 16:21

That's my understanding of it anyway

xebot360

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Noodle on Sat 13 Feb 2016 - 16:22

Okay.

HCR Noodle

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Noodle on Sat 13 Feb 2016 - 16:45

Surely they can add a third lobby? There's been so many extra signups that it must be an option, we can't just let ten teams go to waste.

HCR Noodle

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR TJSteel on Sat 13 Feb 2016 - 16:51

xebot360 wrote:
TSR Noodle wrote:So what happens with teams that are on the reserve list?

I assume it's incase any teams drop out. I don't see why they can't run 3 lobbies as it shouldn't delay it anyway if it all runs well. If not, it'll be the usual delays anyway

Because if we run 3 lobbies for this we'll have to run 3 lobbies for the 24 hr events, can't really accept team's then drop them when we shrink lobbies.

1st TCR NoScope Mugello 500
HCR TJSteel

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2014-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Noodle on Sat 13 Feb 2016 - 17:02

Fair enough. Just going to have to see who is still entered by March and who had dropped.

HCR Noodle

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by xebot360 on Sat 13 Feb 2016 - 17:26

TSR Noodle wrote:Fair enough. Just going to have to see who is still entered by March and who had dropped.

Tbh, it's best to join another team mate, doesn't look like much hope that that's happening :/

xebot360

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Blacky Mojo on Sat 13 Feb 2016 - 17:29

To keep the registration-thread clear I'll post here.

HCR TJSteel wrote:As stated in the first post you were to copy and paste the bold text for your entry, including the part that states you have read the rules "All drivers have read and understood the rules / regulations thread:"

Sorry, but the first post has been updated at 14:43 so there was no clear "Form" that we could use when we've registered our two extra teams. (Same goes for everyone else registrating before 14:43 (e.g. the LRT guys) )
Therefore my Teammates took the Daytona 24h way of registration. After I realised our Team was marked red I immedeatly updated their posts. And with 12 extra entries (now) you're really sure that you don't want to make a third Lobby? That's more than a half, think about it.

Plus: I don't think that 6 (or Cool teams will drop until March. So half of my team will not be able to compete that's disappointing.
Blacky Mojo

TORA Race Number : 911
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2013-11-14

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/WippermannRacing/

Back to top Go down

Post by xebot360 on Sat 13 Feb 2016 - 17:51

HCR TJSteel wrote:
xebot360 wrote:

I assume it's incase any teams drop out. I don't see why they can't run 3 lobbies as it shouldn't delay it anyway if it all runs well. If not, it'll be the usual delays anyway

Because if we run 3 lobbies for this we'll have to run 3 lobbies for the 24 hr events, can't really accept team's then drop them when we shrink lobbies.

Why would it be an issue for the 24h. Surely there would be people who could host that 3rd lobby, plus it would run smoothly still if there were no issues. If not, it'll be the usual delays anyway

xebot360

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Manthey on Sat 13 Feb 2016 - 18:32

The question here is why are there 4 to almost 6 entries per team on the entry list? Is three not enough?
LMR Manthey

TORA Race Number : 25
Xbox One Mac

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2012-05-30

View user profile http://motordeportes.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ShrinkingSteven on Sat 13 Feb 2016 - 18:36

xebot360 wrote:
HCR TJSteel wrote:
xebot360 wrote:

Why would it be an issue for the 24h. Surely there would be people who could host that 3rd lobby, plus it would run smoothly still if there were no issues. If not, it'll be the usual delays anyway

Your a host mate so you up for helping if there was/wasnt?
ShrinkingSteven

TORA Race Number : 8
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2543
Registration date : 2012-03-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xebot360 on Sat 13 Feb 2016 - 18:48

ShrinkingSteven wrote:
xebot360 wrote:
HCR TJSteel wrote:
xebot360 wrote:

Your a host mate so you up for helping if there was/wasnt?

I would be up for it lol

xebot360

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Bellmond on Sat 13 Feb 2016 - 18:50

LMR Manthey wrote:The question here is why are there 4 to almost 6 entries per team on the entry list? Is three not enough?

Not when theres 20+ drivers to find seats for. Nobody wants to do just 1 stint.
HCR Bellmond

TORA Race Number : 35
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1957
Registration date : 2012-08-02

View user profile http://happycatracing.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ShrinkingSteven on Sat 13 Feb 2016 - 18:51

Good stuff, I'm all up for massive grids so game on!
But, if and only if we have support to cover it. There is no point in going big if it ends up with upsets.
ShrinkingSteven

TORA Race Number : 8
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2543
Registration date : 2012-03-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xebot360 on Sat 13 Feb 2016 - 18:53

ShrinkingSteven wrote:Good stuff, I'm all up for massive grids so game on!
But, if and only if we have support to cover it. There is no point in going big if it ends up with upsets.

Same lol, I'm sure there will be enough hosts (including myself) to do a 3rd lobby Smile

xebot360

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Solar on Sat 13 Feb 2016 - 19:10

3rd lobby causes more work, and puts more pressure on TORA, if you guys who want a 3rd Lobby, but qualify above 3rd Lobby fancy Hosting for the 3rd Lobby when you are not racing feel free, offer your services for it, if not dont mention a 3rd Lobby in my opinion Smile

HCR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2237
Registration date : 2014-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xebot360 on Sat 13 Feb 2016 - 20:50

HCR Solar wrote:3rd lobby causes more work, and puts more pressure on TORA, if you guys who want a 3rd Lobby, but qualify above 3rd Lobby fancy Hosting for the 3rd Lobby when you are not racing feel free, offer your services for it, if not dont mention a 3rd Lobby in my opinion Smile

I agree. There's guys wanting to race who don't have the chance, due to there not being enough lobbies. Thought this would be a way to do it Smile

xebot360

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubber Trail on Sat 13 Feb 2016 - 21:42

Let me get this straight, teams like the one I drive for ( FailRace Motorsport ) and others might not drive ( meaning all the time invested in preparing would be lost ) simply because we signed up, at the time allowed, nd then suddenly you guys change something for the sign-ups, while we signed up perfectly fine. Therefor we get pushed down to reserves, and have the chance of not racing since we cant be online all day to see those changes, or because you guys dont want a third lobby. I mean, the teams do an awful lot of preparing for this ( atleast the new ones probably do like us ) and then dont get to race because of something like that. I dont call that fair.
Rubber Trail

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2014-06-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Solar on Sat 13 Feb 2016 - 21:58

Rubber Trail wrote:Let me get this straight, teams like the one I drive for ( FailRace Motorsport ) and others might not drive ( meaning all the time invested in preparing would be lost ) simply because we signed up, at the time allowed, nd then suddenly you guys change something for the sign-ups, while we signed up perfectly fine. Therefor we get pushed down to reserves, and have the chance of not racing since we cant be online all day to see those changes, or because you guys dont want a third lobby. I mean, the teams do an awful lot of preparing for this ( atleast the new ones probably do like us ) and then dont get to race because of something like that. I dont call that fair.

im not saying dont do a 3rd Lobby, you have to understand how many people we have working on the Docs, TimeZones of other people, i dont mind it in all fairness, but when you guys are asking for a 3rd Lobby, guess who gets called up to maybe Host the 3rd Lobby The Race Marshalls do, like i say offer your services most race marshalls are racing in thiss and some will be doing 6 hours out of the 12 hence why we dont wanna be hosting a race were not in, my Team (Happy Cat Racing) do alot of preparation and other things some even do Onboard footage of there races, so people can keep up to date on the certain classes they want, and follow the person they want to win, it all falls down to, WILL you Guys who want this 3rd Lobby Host them even if u are not in that 3rd Lobby??

not bashing anyone before someone trys to shoot me down, think about it alls ya wanting is to race, like everybody else here, but ya cant expect people who work on the Docs who are also Racing, to be updating the live timing constantly (Alot of people moan about hence why i bring this up) if you guys wanna offer services for Hosts and sorting Docs, Let the Staff Bring something up about this Smile.

Anyways Hope Sebring goes well Smile should be interesting indeed.

HCR Solar

Xbox 360 PC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by StaticSh33p on Sat 13 Feb 2016 - 22:19

HCR Solar wrote:
Rubber Trail wrote:Let me get this straight, teams like the one I drive for ( FailRace Motorsport ) and others might not drive ( meaning all the time invested in preparing would be lost ) simply because we signed up, at the time allowed, nd then suddenly you guys change something for the sign-ups, while we signed up perfectly fine. Therefor we get pushed down to reserves, and have the chance of not racing since we cant be online all day to see those changes, or because you guys dont want a third lobby. I mean, the teams do an awful lot of preparing for this ( atleast the new ones probably do like us ) and then dont get to race because of something like that. I dont call that fair.

im not saying dont do a 3rd Lobby, you have to understand how many people we have working on the Docs, TimeZones of other people, i dont mind it in all fairness, but when you guys are asking for a 3rd Lobby, guess who gets called up to maybe Host the 3rd Lobby The Race Marshalls do, like i say offer your services most race marshalls are racing in thiss and some will be doing 6 hours out of the 12 hence why we dont wanna be hosting a race were not in, my Team (Happy Cat Racing) do alot of preparation and other things some even do Onboard footage of there races, so people can keep up to date on the certain classes they want, and follow the person they want to win, it all falls down to, WILL you Guys who want this 3rd Lobby Host them even if u are not in that 3rd Lobby??

not bashing anyone before someone trys to shoot me down, think about it alls ya wanting is to race, like everybody else here, but ya cant expect people who work on the Docs who are also Racing, to be updating the live timing constantly (Alot of people moan about hence why i bring this up) if you guys wanna offer services for Hosts and sorting Docs, Let the Staff Bring something up about this Smile.

We understand it takes a lot of effort to run events like these, and we're not criticizing the guys who're doing different jobs. We're more annoyed at the way the sign-ups were tweaked after many people had already signed-up. I get if you've raced here before then you'll know what to put in the sign-ups (I assume they're similar in most series') but since we're new here we didn't know to put that since it wasn't requested initially.

Back to the subject of the 3 lobbies, am I right in saying after quali the lobbies are split based on pace, and have the same teams in each one for the full 12 hours? If so, couldn't you just get one team from each lobby to host all the stints? So get Team X to host all the Lobby A stints, Team Y to host all the Lobby B stints and Team Z to host all the Lobby C stints. I may be totally mis-understanding something here but that seems like the easiest way to run the lobbies.
StaticSh33p

TORA Race Number : 822
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2014-06-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Solar on Sat 13 Feb 2016 - 22:49

StaticSh33p wrote:
HCR Solar wrote:

We understand it takes a lot of effort to run events like these, and we're not criticizing the guys who're doing different jobs. We're more annoyed at the way the sign-ups were tweaked after many people had already signed-up. I get if you've raced here before then you'll know what to put in the sign-ups (I assume they're similar in most series') but since we're new here we didn't know to put that since it wasn't requested initially.

Back to the subject of the 3 lobbies, am I right in saying after quali the lobbies are split based on pace, and have the same teams in each one for the full 12 hours? If so, couldn't you just get one team from each lobby to host all the stints? So get Team X to host all the Lobby A stints, Team Y to host all the Lobby B stints and Team Z to host all the Lobby C stints. I may be totally mis-understanding something here but that seems like the easiest way to run the lobbies.

it will go from Qualifying lap times yes, and the People stay in them lobby until the end of the 12 hours so it doesnt matter where you are everyone has a equal chance of progressing above the people in Higher Lobbys, we just organize it that way so it makes it more interesting for Battles and such, so even someone from B lobby or C Lobby could jump someone in A Lobby i believe, unless theres been tweaks to that also idunno,

sign ups generally have a limit on with Endurance racing as obviously takes a while and dont want to overdo it

HCR Solar

Xbox 360 PC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Solar on Sat 13 Feb 2016 - 22:54

StaticSh33p wrote:
HCR Solar wrote:

im all up for a bigger grid, more competition equals more fun in my opinion, if it was me id take the Entry Limit up but its up to the Staff of TORA, i just dont 2 be the 1 thats called up to host other lobbies last minute even when i just came out of a stint myself, but if others are willing to offer there services then fair enough Smile

HCR Solar

Xbox 360 PC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Noodle on Sat 13 Feb 2016 - 23:29

Well hasn't this gotten interesting since this started? Three lobbies would be a good idea, but if they can't handle that many teams fair enough.

As for the teams debate, there should be a limit on cars entered per team I think. If one team takes up so many spaces, then the smaller new teams entering don't stand a chance of getting in. We tried to fit four cars on the list but one missed out, which seeing as there are new teams is only fair on them, but for others who entered several cars and made it in, it puts teams like FailRace out of a drive.

From this, either a higher car limit must be imposed, or a limit on the number of cars per team (Three or four would be ideal). We cant just use the size of our teams as an excuse, as this a series for all to enter, not for us to take over and bully newcomers out of the playground.

HCR Noodle

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR TJSteel on Sun 14 Feb 2016 - 0:39

Blacky Mojo wrote:To keep the registration-thread clear I'll post here.

HCR TJSteel wrote:As stated in the first post you were to copy and paste the bold text for your entry, including the part that states you have read the rules "All drivers have read and understood the rules / regulations thread:"

Sorry, but the first post has been updated at 14:43 so there was no clear "Form" that we could use when we've registered our two extra teams. (Same goes for everyone else registrating before 14:43 (e.g. the LRT guys) )
Therefore my Teammates took the Daytona 24h way of registration. After I realised our Team was marked red I immedeatly updated their posts. And with 12 extra entries (now) you're really sure that you don't want to make a third Lobby? That's more than a half, think about it.

Plus: I don't think that 6 (or Cool teams will drop until March. So half of my team will not be able to compete that's disappointing.

The original thread was modified? The only thing I did was removed the spoiler from it, no data was actually changed, if it was then how did some people see it and not others? Think about that for a second.

3 lobbies can't happen, it was suggested that we have a backup host for each stint, so if you think you can find 6 dedicated people per stint for a 24 hour event then you have no idea what happens behind the scenes.

We thought we had everything sorted for Daytona but inevitably things happened and other people, including myself had to step in last minute to host stints due to personal / connection issues. After the race I spent almost 9 hours trying to pull all the data in and finalize the results, while trying to do a weekly shop for the family, including updating some things while trying to balance a baby in one arm while feeding him his bottle.

I'm certainly not going to let that happen again so have gone with what I think is best and that's to keep things simple, run 2 lobbies, and hope for those that have entered have the best racing experience possible.

You have to remember that at the end of the day, we do this as a hobby, for free, on top of having an actual life to run, so please understand that any decision I make, is with my full intention of what I think is best for the community. I've listened to any suggestions put to me and tried to fulfill them to everyone's best interest, and if there is an issue I'm not too sure about we have a discussion among staff and I'll only act upon this if there is a unanimous decision made.

If something doesn't seem fair, chances are if we change it to keep one happy, another then gets the other end and is unhappy so we have to do what is best for the majority, not the minority to keep things fair, and keep everything running as best it can.

1st TCR NoScope Mugello 500
HCR TJSteel

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2014-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down