[ 7 ]
39% 39% 
[ 37 ]
36% 36% 
[ 34 ]

Total Votes : 95

Re: Where should we race next?

Post by Flyin Mikey J on Sat 12 Mar 2016 - 21:58

As far as i know, the bus stop chicane will be used.

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/
1st 2012 MMTCC Sedan Championship 2016 VTCC TC250 US Championship
Flyin Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 11958
Registration date : 2012-04-20

View user profile http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by xebot360 on Sat 12 Mar 2016 - 22:12

Flyin Mikey J wrote:As far as i know, the bus stop chicane will be used.
It's gonna be a crashfest then :/

xebot360

TORA Race Number : 50
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 751
Registration date : 2014-03-10

View user profile http://facebook.com/FMRMotorsport

Back to top Go down

Post by LMP Dragon on Sat 12 Mar 2016 - 22:21

My two cents should be put in here but completely ignored.

1. THE GLEN IS USED TOO MUCH
I know the Glen is a new circuit, yes but we have already over used it. As far as I know, it has been in championships. Nearly all of the Forza 6 ones.
1a. NOT COOL. Variate it. Some of us hate the Glen for its common use in TORA so far.

2. Why ALL AMERICAN CIRCUITS?
I'd like to know who was responsible for selecting the circuit choices, I feel a bit of bias from whoever was behind the choice of changing Monza.
2a. The calendar shouldn't change like this, when people have been prepping for months. Good waste of time prepping for Monza, right? No. People are so concerned that someone thought a track change was a good idea. TORA is as real as it gets. People expect standards so for it to be questioned is stupid. Choose an Asian/European circuit. The bias feels real. I know there are other circuits but if there is one track that shouldn't be in the vote, it's the Glen. Especially since it's not a 12h race and it's a 6h race in real life.

3. THE CALENDAR SHOULDN'T CHANGE ANYWAY.
3a. The reason is that it never changes in real life but someone got scared and it sparked a whole debatable subject. As I said, the track choice feels biased here. It feels in favour of the American audience.
I know this is going to go unnoticed but American tracks have been used already. Twice in a row to be exact. There are other tracks that should have been chosen, we don't want 3 USA circuits in a row. It feels biased, we want good racing and a variated calendar. I am speaking on a public voice from members here and I am with them on this. The Glen is as new as it is overused.

Again, I am with the majority of people on the Glen part but the calendar shouldn't change. Full stop. It's set in ADVANCE for a reason. Changing it mid season is not good on anyone.
LMP Dragon

TORA Race Number : 93
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1172
Registration date : 2013-05-17

View user profile http://lmpdragon.jgsw.me

Back to top Go down

Post by xebot360 on Sat 12 Mar 2016 - 22:26

LMP Dragon wrote:My two cents should be put in here but completely ignored.

1. THE GLEN IS USED TOO MUCH
I know the Glen is a new circuit, yes but we have already over used it. As far as I know, it has been in championships. Nearly all of the Forza 6 ones.
1a. NOT COOL. Variate it. Some of us hate the Glen for its common use in TORA so far.

2. Why ALL AMERICAN CIRCUITS?
I'd like to know who was responsible for selecting the circuit choices, I feel a bit of bias from whoever was behind the choice of changing Monza.
2a. The calendar shouldn't change like this, when people have been prepping for months. Good waste of time prepping for Monza, right? No. People are so concerned that someone thought a track change was a good idea. TORA is as real as it gets. People expect standards so for it to be questioned is stupid. Choose an Asian/European circuit. The bias feels real. I know there are other circuits but if there is one track that shouldn't be in the vote, it's the Glen. Especially since it's not a 12h race and it's a 6h race in real life.

3. THE CALENDAR SHOULDN'T CHANGE ANYWAY.
3a. The reason is that it never changes in real life but someone got scared and it sparked a whole debatable subject. As I said, the track choice feels biased here. It feels in favour of the American audience.
I know this is going to go unnoticed but American tracks have been used already. Twice in a row to be exact. There are other tracks that should have been chosen, we don't want 3 USA circuits in a row. It feels biased, we want good racing and a variated calendar. I am speaking on a public voice from members here and I am with them on this. The Glen is as new as it is overused.

Again, I am with the majority of people on the Glen part but the calendar shouldn't change. Full stop. It's set in ADVANCE for a reason. Changing it mid season is not good on anyone.

+1

xebot360

TORA Race Number : 50
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 751
Registration date : 2014-03-10

View user profile http://facebook.com/FMRMotorsport

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 on Sat 12 Mar 2016 - 22:44

Then vote for "Stick with Monza"... If that's what the people want, then that's what the people will vote for, surely? We noticed significant corner cutting at Monza so we opened up the option to change it.

TEC this year is an 8-race calendar, and all the remaining rounds are Euro circuits (well except Bathurst I guess). The calendar is far from US-biased.

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com/t16597-race-tech-tora-endurance-championship-2016-dates

I don't know why three US circuits have been put in the poll but I'd assume it's because most of the remaining circuits that are fit for a LMP/GT endurance are US tracks. I think Yas Marina was going to be in the poll but that had significant cutting too. COTA has a lot of cutting but I noticed people seem to have taken that into account and not voted for it, which is good.

If you want to survive out here, you've got to know where your towel is.
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7382
Registration date : 2010-07-14

View user profile http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Solar on Sun 13 Mar 2016 - 1:32

Catalunya would of been a good choice and so would off, Road America that produced good racing in the ProGT on Forza 5.

BUT! no 1 batted an eye lid at my Post in the General Discussion about the Monza Corner cutting Video and that i wished for us as a community to band together to polish it out and no 1 acknowledged me at all, so i can understand why there has been a Poll put up it makes perfect sense.

if we are to do Monza, we need 2 people atleast 2 sit there on the corner cutting part take note of everyone that does do it, and that is alot to do just for someone that could be racing also.

HCR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2237
Registration date : 2014-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FranchittiFan on Sun 13 Mar 2016 - 1:40

Thank you all that have voted

Please don't moan and groan about the track selection. Monza had issues yet, we kept it as a choice and decided to let our community chose between it and 3 other fantastic circuits.

Hopefully we will have the car builds for the round out soon and we aim to add Porsche to the mix, so lots to look forward to.
FranchittiFan

TORA Race Number : 97
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9034
Registration date : 2008-09-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ErebusV8 on Sun 13 Mar 2016 - 1:50

I do have 1 question not related to this round, but Spa (and I guess Silverstone)

Why aren't they 24 hour races?
I kind of understand Silverstone because for some odd reason it has no night variant but Spa has a night variant and I think it'd be a great race for 24 hours, flying up Eu Rouge in the dark, it was one of the things I was looking forward to with TEC this year, racing Spa at night, but doesn't look like that'll happen, so just wondering if there was a reason behind it or just wanted Le Mans, Daytona and Nurburgring as 24s

Twitter: @Wingyy31 @ErebusV8 @ErebusGT @MaranelloMSport
Flyin Mikey J wrote:Super gay? Not as gay as the Delta Wang. Nothing can be as gay as a car shaped like huge man bits.

http://maranellomotorsport.com.au/

1st 2014 Maranello Motorsport F40 Challenge- Drivers Championship
1st 2014 Maranello Motorsport F40 Challenge- Privateers Championship
1st 2014 Maranello Motorsport F40 Challenge- Asian Continental Title
2nd 2014 Maranello Motorsport F40 Challenge- Europe Continental Title
3rd 2014 Maranello Motorsport F40 Challenge- America Continental Title
3rd Ax4x 4 Hours of LeMons- Overweight Class w/ ShrinkingSteven
ErebusV8

TORA Race Number : 31
Xbox 360 Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7099
Registration date : 2011-12-02

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 on Sun 13 Mar 2016 - 10:48

ErebusV8 wrote:I do have 1 question not related to this round, but Spa (and I guess Silverstone)

Why aren't they 24 hour races?
I kind of understand Silverstone because for some odd reason it has no night variant but Spa has a night variant and I think it'd be a great race for 24 hours, flying up Eu Rouge in the dark, it was one of the things I was looking forward to with TEC this year, racing Spa at night, but doesn't look like that'll happen, so just wondering if there was a reason behind it or just wanted Le Mans, Daytona and Nurburgring as 24s
Running a 24 hour race takes tremendous effort, so we're just doing the three biggest ones this year. Plus, given it's a 12 hour race, I can guarantee there will be night stints at Spa.

If you want to survive out here, you've got to know where your towel is.
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7382
Registration date : 2010-07-14

View user profile http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Driv3 on Sun 13 Mar 2016 - 11:36

I'm disappointed that this entire thread has happened. The lack of trust in the TORA community seems quite large. We're here because we like to race properly and stay within the white lines unlike the pleb pub lobbies. We also have stewards enquiries for anyone who wants to bend or break the rules. Monza has almost never if not ever been used in a TORA event and now we're removing it from the calendar because of some corner cutting trust issues? Monza was the track I was most looking forwards to... apparently not anymore...

1st Lemons @ Le Mans 2nd Privateers Fiesta Spec Cup

Mr Driv3

TORA Race Number : 6
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2014-06-17

View user profile https://griptekperformance.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR TJSteel on Sun 13 Mar 2016 - 13:26

Looks like we're running at Glen then now that the voting is over,

Would have updated this last night but I were away at a gig,

The voting wasn't put up because of trust issues, we just had a lot of people mentioning it and we were undecided on what to do, seeing as it is the community that is racing we thought we'd give you the option and it seems the majority want to race Glen, so that is what we will do.

I'll put a registration thread together in the next couple of days so we can see who wants to return.

1st TCR NoScope Mugello 500
HCR TJSteel

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1553
Registration date : 2014-04-24

View user profile http://happycatracing.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down