TORA ShirtRLM_10_main_logoMSA_full
Donations
Donations options

A Reminder to the Community

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Reminder to the Community

A statement from the TORA Staff:

It has come to our attention that apparently some drivers in lobby A of the TASCAR DeweyTee Memorial 400 made several comments about one of their fellow competitors who just so happened to be female.  These were the type of comments that do not follow TORA Sporting Regulations.  Article 2.3.3 of these regulations says "Bigoted, hateful, or offensive statements against any religion, race, nation, gender, age group, or sexual orientation" are among the type of statements that are not allowed on our site.

The TORA Staff is taking this very seriously and this type of behavior WILL NOT not be tolerated.  The Internet can be a dark place, but we want our site and the racing that we host to be somewhere were ALL are welcome.  The drivers who made these comments know who they are, but the staff would like to remind all TORA drivers that this type of behavior will lead to not only suspensions and bans on TORA, but to reports to Xbox to have them banned from Xbox Live as well.  

The fact that this happened during a race to honor a fallen comrade makes this even more disgraceful.  At the end of the day, it is important to remember that we all came to this site because we love to race, and did not want to deal with the pains of Forza public lobbies.  TORA is a family, and just like any family we will not agree all the time.  Remember that the next time that you feel like you want to comment on one of your fellow competitors.

Last edited by BigBen0913 on Mon 25 Jul 2016 - 14:44; edited 1 time in total
BIGBEN0913

TORA Race Number : 13
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1235
Registration date : 2014-08-13

View user profile http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/forum

Back to top Go down

- Similar topics
Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

A Reminder to the Community :: Comments

Post on Mon 25 Jul 2016 - 21:21 by PLOW tubbi

I have just spoken to her and can confirm the sexist remarks are the problem.
As many of you know, I love a good banter, tongue in cheek, a bit risqué on occasion but mostly aimed at myself for others to chuckle at. But there has to be a line. That line is drawn at making bigotry, sexist, dark hearted remarks directed at one person for the purpose of upsetting them.
I can only assume the person making those remarks has a few problems of their own or just hates being beaten by a girl. Regardless tora is not the place to vent this anger.
I have been here since the beginning and in the early days this wouldn't have been discussed as it was assumed that everyone knew how to behave.
If you can't behave then leave, we don't want you here.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 25 Jul 2016 - 21:37 by Mr Driv3

+∞

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 25 Jul 2016 - 22:52 by JGROVES1996

I was in the lobby and heard comments like "Typical Woman." and stuff like that being said, so yeah - negative comments WERE made so don't try and detract from that.

That's the bad thing about party lobbies as I'd love to know who said it, but chances are they'll be rather quiet now.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 25 Jul 2016 - 23:24 by Joito04

WRA Tower wrote:I'm not sure what y'all rumors y'all heard about what was said but there was no derogatory comments made. There was a caution flag and she apparently was upset over the cautions. After she left there was a discussion about how aggressive she is in public lobbies and that was pretty well it. I not trying to take away from the rules and regulations because I personally agree with them. I just think you should be aware of what really happened and I think what you heard was out of context story. She did not leave the lobby because of comments being made because there was no comments being made.
I am to comment that he is l correct she had left by then, I just don't understand why this is such a big deal honestly, it's almost to the point of "childish" do you really think she cares what is said? Do you think it will affect her? And lastly do you think it will mean last of women on tora? I DONT SEE THAT HAPPENING. Just delete this whole topic damn, it frustrating seeing stuff like this because tora has made Forza so fun and half the time now it's like a "political" debate......but yeah seriously delete this topic makes us look bad 😁😁😁😁

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 26 Jul 2016 - 11:37 by Standaman94

I have to say, I am appalled that there's even a discussion on the subject.

At the end of the day, someone came to us with a personal complaint, in which the rule Ben quoted was broken, and as such will be taken seriously. We post this statement as a reminder that such behaviour won't be tolerated as it seems some have either forgotten the rules or fail to read them.

People come to TORA to race and join a like-minded community. For many it's a virtual getaway from real life, to pursue a racing career where for most it would be impossible in the outside world. There are people at TORA from all corners of the globe, and people of many races, genders, sexualities, physical abilities and so on race just the same as anyone else here would.

No one is here to suffer some person's pathetic predispositions and it's sad that I am actually having to write this.

End of topic, end of discussion. Someone was offended by something someone else said, whether or not they were even present at the time, and the fact there are actually people contesting that may mean that person may now not wish to return.

Further offences of a similar fashion will result in a ban, as per the TORA Sporting Regulations.

Please just all leave this with the thought that it could easily be yourself on the other end of this issue.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 26 Jul 2016 - 23:38 by Midnite Rider

I am appalled at that behavior. I am glad that the staff is respecting the rule but it is a shame it has to be enforced. I wish people would just grow up and not be a$$holes about things.

Oh, and I really miss racing with you all. Sad Cheers

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 27 Jul 2016 - 0:26 by JGROVES1996

Stan if i could thumb up your comment a million times i would - spot on. Hope stuff like this never happens again!

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 27 Jul 2016 - 17:52 by FreshCubanBread

Standaman94 wrote:I have to say, I am appalled that there's even a discussion on the subject.

At the end of the day, someone came to us with a personal complaint,  in which the rule Ben quoted was broken, and as such will be taken seriously. We post this statement as a reminder that such behaviour won't be tolerated as it seems some have either forgotten the rules or fail to read them.

People come to TORA to race and join a like-minded community. For many it's a virtual getaway from real life, to pursue a racing career where for most it would be impossible in the outside world. There are people at TORA from all corners of the globe, and people of many races, genders, sexualities, physical abilities and so on race just the same as anyone else here would.

No one is here to suffer some person's pathetic predispositions and it's sad that I am actually having to write this.

End of topic, end of discussion. Someone was offended by something someone else said, whether or not they were even present at the time, and the fact there are actually people contesting that may mean that person may now not wish to return.

Further offences of a similar fashion will result in a ban, as per the TORA Sporting Regulations.

Please just all leave this with the thought that it could easily be yourself on the other end of this issue.

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 28 Jul 2016 - 7:21 by AnonCaliga

Given the seriousness of the matter and due to the type of event being held in which this disgusting behaviour happened the culprits should be permanently expelled from the TORA community and no second chances given. Whether or not the member was in said lobby at the time is irrelevant as other TORA members heard whatever was said, and if the comments were made once the member had left the lobby makes it all that bit worse that some felt brave enough to mouth off afterwards, sickening really.
Absolutely disrespectful to DT and more so the lady involved, I just hope our fellow female TORA member knows that the majority of our community would never be so disrespectful and clearly this was an unacceptable isolated incident that should NEVER EVER repeat itself. Absolutely ashamed and embarrassed that anyone from our community could be so idiotic, hurtful and disrespectful to a fellow TORA community member who has as much right as the next person to be here and racing with us. TORA needs more ladies getting involved within our community and I for one hope this hasn't put off any prospective new members joining TORA to take part in our online race events and contributing to the community forum.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 1 Aug 2016 - 12:36 by Mr Driv3

Not to re-stir the sh*t pot, but just to show people what effect this behavior has, this was posted in the race numbers thread 3 days ago...

Gamer tag: ShortyGoFast
I'm retiring my number tora racing number :387
Someone else can use it

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 1 Aug 2016 - 14:46 by MID LAND ZETA

Mr Driv3 wrote:Not to re-stir the sh*t pot, but just to show people what effect this behavior has, this was posted in the race numbers thread 3 days ago...

Someone else can use it
Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 1 Aug 2016 - 16:50 by Sub Zero Nova 2

It currently seems like Hailing abuse at other drivers is becoming more and more common.

thankfully there has not been any Religous hate or discrimination but just Derogative comments to drivers and hatful words being thrown about like calling another driver a "Usless yankee [Censored]" "Your a [Censored] C*****" and the words said to shorty. 

i hope that we see shorty back as she has been a joy to drive with and battle with.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 1 Aug 2016 - 17:59 by Flyin Mikey J (Online)

MID LAND ZETA wrote:
Mr Driv3 wrote:Not to re-stir the sh*t pot, but just to show people what effect this behavior has, this was posted in the race numbers thread 3 days ago...

Someone else can use it
Crying or Very sad

+1000 Sad

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 1 Aug 2016 - 18:27 by JGROVES1996

Someone else can use it

This sucks Sad But quite frankly I don't blame her after what those idiots said.

I know it's been said by many already, but I really hope this incident well and truly stomps out any discriminatory behavior in the future on this site.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 1 Aug 2016 - 21:13 by EZT MAKO 6669

Hopefully she can be convinced to reconsider. It really is a very small minority here who engage in such despicable behavior.

Those that do should no longer be allowed here at TORA.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 1 Aug 2016 - 22:26 by EZT Neo 45

When I was updating the driver number spreadsheet, I saw her post and was somewhat shocked at it. But then I thought, "Wow! This was really bad!" Crying or Very sad

Hope whoever is/was responsible for what was said is happy with themselves. No

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum