TORA ShirtRLM_10_main_logoMSA_full
Donations
Donations options

Daytona 24 Winter Testing December 17 & 18

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Daytona 24 Winter Testing December 17 & 18

Post by Foreu2env on Tue 6 Dec 2016 - 17:22

F4H Diablo wrote:That's the one thing about public perception regarding staff that I hope to change- I think people "know" that a lot work is in fact done behind the scenes but a lack of transparency between the public and the admins/staff takes away from that. I've had the same thought before I was staff, and now that I am on the other side, it's my primary goal to amend this.

There should be a member of the media team, or just regular staff, that posts a weekly review/news/updates thread. Mention results of the weeks worth of racing, any notable achievements by TORA drivers (ESL?), mention ongoing work for future series, mention the need for volunteers if required, mention those contributing to development, etc... It doesn't have to be a publication with graphics and everything that goes with a newsletter.. just communicate and take down some of those blackout curtains currently separating the users that make up this community from the users that work for the community... I'm sure there's an existing member of staff or people on this site that do this kind of thing for a living (CRM? ITSM? Mar/Com? etc) --improvement of service quality perception and communication-- that would be happy to help if that's the direction the site decides to go.

Foreu2env

TORA Race Number : 185
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2016-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DOR stug77 on Tue 6 Dec 2016 - 17:27

F4H Diablo wrote:That's the one thing about public perception regarding staff that I hope to change- I think people "know" that a lot work is in fact done behind the scenes but a lack of transparency between the public and the admins/staff takes away from that. I've had the same thought before I was staff, and now that I am on the other side, it's my primary goal to amend this.

In the grand scheme of things I've not been here long and sometimes I do get the impression my input is overlooked if that's the best way to put it.
I'm fairly active on the forums and while I'm not the quickest guy out there by far I'm hoping some of you would have noticed in touring cars especially that I stay out of trouble.......however whether it's unintentional or not I do do get the feeling sometimes that members opinions can be sometimes swept under the carpet.
DOR stug77

TORA Race Number : 77
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 702
Registration date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Freheliaz on Tue 6 Dec 2016 - 17:48

Foreu2env wrote:

There should be a member of the media team, or just regular staff, that posts a weekly review/news/updates thread.   Mention results of the weeks worth of racing, any notable achievements by TORA drivers (ESL?), mention ongoing work for future series, mention the need for volunteers if required, mention those contributing to development, etc...    It doesn't have to be a publication with graphics and everything that goes with a newsletter.. just communicate and take down some of those blackout curtains currently separating the users that make up this community from the users that work for the community... I'm sure there's an existing member of staff or people on this site that do this kind of thing for a living  (CRM? ITSM? Mar/Com? etc) --improvement of service quality perception and communication-- that would be happy to help if that's the direction the site decides to go.

I read you have 30 hours per day time to do this?
As nice as that would be it's not possible to do. Due to the huge pile of work it involves. We do have Twitter and Facebook where you can follow whats happening.

http://happycatracing.forumotion.net/forum

Achievements
2nd Teams TCR TCC 2015
3rd TCR Firecracker '15 Le Mons Underpowered
4th TCR Suzuka 1000km
6th TCR GRX and 5th in Teams
Freheliaz

TORA Race Number : 626
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2014-03-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShrinkingSteven on Tue 6 Dec 2016 - 18:21

Freheliaz wrote:
Foreu2env wrote:

There should be a member of the media team, or just regular staff, that posts a weekly review/news/updates thread.   Mention results of the weeks worth of racing, any notable achievements by TORA drivers (ESL?), mention ongoing work for future series, mention the need for volunteers if required, mention those contributing to development, etc...    It doesn't have to be a publication with graphics and everything that goes with a newsletter.. just communicate and take down some of those blackout curtains currently separating the users that make up this community from the users that work for the community... I'm sure there's an existing member of staff or people on this site that do this kind of thing for a living  (CRM? ITSM? Mar/Com? etc) --improvement of service quality perception and communication-- that would be happy to help if that's the direction the site decides to go.

As nice as that would be it's not possible to do. Due to the huge pile of work it involves. We do have Twitter and Facebook where you can follow whats happening.

Trying to work on something similar and bring the "Virtual paddock back to TORA. But alas im losing this battle which ive tried to fight for months now.
ShrinkingSteven

TORA Race Number : 8
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2543
Registration date : 2012-03-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joito04 on Tue 6 Dec 2016 - 18:27

I'll give away a little hint for you guys new cars that haven't been used In the TEC are going to be used 😉

LMR Veteran  Twisted Evil
Winner of TASCAR Race at Le Mans  1st
GT Driver  Poop
2nd in GT of the 2016 24 Hours of Le Mans  bounce
Winner of 12 Hours Of SilverStone in GT3  1st  afro
13th Overall Team in 2013 TORA Sebring 12 Hours  king
8th In class(GTE) in 2014 TORA Sebring 12 Hours  Cool
1st Overall Team Hockenheimring 500k  1st
Pole Winner For USGT @ Mazda Laguna Seca and Race 1 Winner
Don't be that guy who try's to win the race at turn 1
Joito04

TORA Race Number : 802
Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2013-03-03

View user profile http://www.puertorico.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Joito04 on Tue 6 Dec 2016 - 18:28

Also a new set of rules will be put into place

GT Driver  Poop
Joito04

Back to top Go down

Post by Joito04 on Tue 6 Dec 2016 - 18:29

This weekend I will make sign In sheet for the people who want to come join the test anyone is welcome, TORA or non TORA affiliated. Unless I am told otherwise

GT Driver  Poop
Joito04

Back to top Go down

Post by ShrinkingSteven on Tue 6 Dec 2016 - 18:30

Joito04 wrote:I'll give away a little hint for you guys new cars that haven't been used In the TEC are going to be used 😉

Awh brilliant! More BoP arguments for people to create.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
ShrinkingSteven

TORA Race Number : 8
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2543
Registration date : 2012-03-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joito04 on Tue 6 Dec 2016 - 18:42

ShrinkingSteven wrote:
Joito04 wrote:I'll give away a little hint for you guys new cars that haven't been used In the TEC are going to be used 😉

Awh brilliant!  More BoP arguments for people to create.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Arrow

GT Driver  Poop
Joito04

Back to top Go down

Post by Joito04 on Tue 6 Dec 2016 - 18:43

We are doing what is best and be the best for the series

GT Driver  Poop
Joito04

Back to top Go down

Post by DOR stug77 on Tue 6 Dec 2016 - 18:43

ShrinkingSteven wrote:

Awh brilliant!  More BoP arguments for people to create.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Ahhhh awesome news!
DOR stug77

TORA Race Number : 77
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 702
Registration date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Foreu2env on Tue 6 Dec 2016 - 19:44

Freheliaz wrote:

I was actually thinking you could leverage the existing info rather than recreating anything.

For instance maybe once a week someone just takes a copy of the updates/posts that were spread across TORA's official twitter and facebook feeds into a single forum thread, because like you said there's already comments about ESL and other "goings on". Copy and paste rather than recreate.

As far as reporting on the event standings and weekly race results, it could be something left up to the series organizer to determine how much detail gets included. If the series organizer wants to write up commentary on each weeks races, then let them have a common place to share that commentary. If an organizer is too busy or just doesn't want to write up commentary, then the "update" from that series is just a copy of the most recent standings documents (and in this case, thats a 1 time creation of the shortcut and no further work required).

I'm not trying to trivialize the effort that goes into a task like this, I'm just saying there may be ways to achieve the goal without doing new/extra work
Foreu2env

Xbox One Xbox 360

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR TJSteel on Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 10:04

The reason there hasn't really been anything official said by the staff yet, is because the N24 literally just finished so we need time to recover after that, I for one am still struggling to stay awake during the day due to the lack of sleep (think I got 3 hrs on Saturday night and I need way more than that).

Secondly you guys have posted multiple pages in the general discussions etc so if you want us to listen we need time to read through this, it's not something I'm able to do over a lunch break for example lol.

Third thing, it's almost Christmas, so I'm sure there are people out there who are trying to arrange this for their kids which to me, my family come before Forza so obviously that's what my main focus is on right now.

We're not ignoring you, trust me I do listen to you guys, the addition of multiple things this season which I've brought in for you should prove that Smile, it's just gonna take a little time for us to get this done with everything else going on in real life.

The staff do have a meeting planned very soon to discuss and finalize our plans for next year, so once this is over and we have had time to put things in place behind the scenes we will let you know about it.

Lastly I'd just like to thank everyone for all the hard work put in this season, it really wouldn't have happened without you guys, hopefully for next year, if I'm still to be running TEC, I'll be running it from the start, with all the knowledge gained this season I'm pretty sure I can bring you something everyone can enjoy, whether than be racing in it, painting, tuning, streaming, or even just sitting back and watching, I got a feeling 2017 will be a better season.

1st TCR NoScope Mugello 500
HCR TJSteel

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2014-04-24

View user profile http://happycatracing.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Joito04 on Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 15:40

I for one I think getting the streams back will be big, because I think a lot of people like that exposure of having your car be seen by a lot of people you know, just a little personal side note.

GT Driver  Poop
Joito04

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt on Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 16:37

Just like to echo TJ's comments. Thanks to everyone who's raced this year and have been constructive in their feedback.
We are, as he says, on a downward slope to Christmas now so please give us a bit of a break Wink
There will be news in TRS, there will be news on Twitter and Facebook and most people know to expect my press releases for big series in early Jan or late December.
We do try to cover as much news as we can but it's not always possible for one person, or even a bunch of us to get everything! This is why we do our best to push your content through our channels. Your efforts get rewarded that way.
Trying to work on something similar and bring the "Virtual paddock back to TORA. But alas im losing this battle which ive tried to fight for months now.
Not entirely sure what you mean by this - message me if you have issues.

Cheers guys and Happy Christmas Smile

Matt
jenson09

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14370
Registration date : 2008-08-05

View user profile http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by andiosterfeld on Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 19:40

Always ready for a ride =D. Would love to see LMP2s in.

andiosterfeld

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2015-12-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Foreu2env on Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 21:37

Sorry if I came across as pushy or demanding when I made my comment about no official direction.. I wasn't implying that there wasn't work going on or that staff doesn't deserve a break, I was just pointing out that nobody had commented from the TORA side after getting a bunch of volunteers. I must have pushed a button though because all of a sudden everyone who's anyone at TORA with TEC series has responded lol I'll try to be more careful in the future as to how I word my comments... but thanks again to staff for coming by the thread and providing updates/comments!
Foreu2env

Xbox One Xbox 360

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by henkymetcola on Sun 11 Dec 2016 - 23:11

Don't worry Diablo, i know you guys are! Cheers

With greetings from henkymetcola
TORA ISCC Season 5 LMP1 #10th overall cheers 
henkymetcola

TORA Race Number : 340
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2013-01-13

View user profile http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by xebot360 on Thu 15 Dec 2016 - 10:44

Any chance of a P2 class. Just wondering as Ik there may be some people interested in it Razz

xebot360

TORA Race Number : 50
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 752
Registration date : 2014-03-10

View user profile http://facebook.com/FMRMotorsport

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Diablo on Thu 15 Dec 2016 - 12:23

Yes indeed, this event will be P2 and GT Smile

Sole Owner the Meme Cannon™

2012 VLN- SP2, F4H Chowderheads: 2nd

F4H Diablo

TORA Race Number : 29
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2088
Registration date : 2011-01-22

View user profile http://www.f4hmotorsport.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xebot360 on Thu 15 Dec 2016 - 12:30

F4H Diablo wrote:Yes indeed, this event will be P2 and GT Smile

Awesome. Just didn't see any builds for P2 unless I'm blind, which is probably the case XD

xebot360

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Diablo on Thu 15 Dec 2016 - 12:37

Joito04 wrote:
Joito04 wrote:ON DEC 14 THE BUILDS WILL BE RELEASED FOR THE RACE

With only about a week left til the winter test begins. it is time to put together the grid for the test. Please Sign in below with your Gamertag anyone is welcome as long as they have the builds. The test will consist of day and night sessions that will run throughout the two-day session.

CAR BUILDS

Class
DPi
Daytona Builds

Chevy #10 Wayne Taylor Racing DP P955 Race Weight Reduction Stock tire Stock restrictor 5% Power

Ford #02 Ganassi Racing DP P954 Race Weight Reduction 345 Fr and Rr Tires Stock Power

Mazda #70 Lola LMP2 P976 Stock Tires High Flow Restrictor

Toyota #12 Rebellion Lola R-One P981 Full Fr and Rr tires High Flow restrictor 10% Power

NOTE: We are doing something new this year which will have the Mazda and Toyota LMPs running a Different set of BoPs for certain tracks so that every car has the same balance of performance at every track.

Mazda #70 Lola P961 Stock tires Stock restrictor

Toyota #12 Rebellion Lola R-One P961 stock Fr, x1 Rear Stock restrictor

GT
BMW Z4: First Restrictor, Race Brakes 15% Power PI - R858, 2643 lbs.

Chevy: Race Brakes, Race Driveline, 315 Front 325 Rear PI - R827, 2663 lbs.

Dodge: Race Brakes, Stock Front 310 Rear PI R832, 2676lbs.

#62 GTLM Ferrari: Race Brakes, Race Driveline, 305 Front 325 Rear PI- R834, 2703 lbs.

Ford: Race Brakes 10% Power PI - R866, 2674 lbs.

Lamborghini: Race Brakes 10% Power PI - R839 2922 lbs.

Porsche: First Restrictor, Race Brakes, Race Driveline, 315 Front 335 Rear 10% Power PI - R864, 2627 lbs.

here you go Smile Smile

F4H Diablo

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by xebot360 on Thu 15 Dec 2016 - 12:39

Knew that was the case. Cheers Smile

xebot360

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by FIA Jose Team on Thu 15 Dec 2016 - 14:34

Hello, we have to register somewhere to do the Daytona test as the FIA team wants to run¿? Very Happy

FIA Jose Team

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2016-11-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Diablo on Thu 15 Dec 2016 - 14:37

FIA Jose Team wrote:Hello, we have to register somewhere to do the Daytona test as the FIA team wants to run¿?  Very Happy

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com/t17715-daytona-24-winter-testing-sign-in-dec-171812pm-est Wink

F4H Diablo

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content