I forgot my password

Facebook
Instagram
Sponsors & Affiliates
TORA ShirtRLM_10_main_logoMSA_full
Donations
Donations options

A Harsh But Necessary Review

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Harsh But Necessary Review

Post by Renegade JPS on Sun 4 Dec 2016 - 22:23

Given that this was my very first excursion into TEC on a very intimidating track and being with a team that were not the best in GT (Car 44 Mustang Samples), I still feel that I held my own, I put the time and the effort into testing my car and with the help of ReaperMech tuned my car to work with me, in doing this I personally think I proved that not everyone should be tarnished with the same brush.

All in all you guys put on a great show, I had some great racing up in GT and I had fun.

No point to this post really just thought I'd throw my thoughts in.
Renegade JPS

TORA Race Number : 132
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2016-10-13

View user profile http://grumpybunch.proboards.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RW26 BLAZE on Sun 4 Dec 2016 - 22:46

there is one thing I have noticed recently......it seems when we moved way back on to forza 5 on the XB1 theres been some issues in some areas I think which needs improving.......back on forza 4 on the 360.....everything was going well around that time, and then most of the top teams like CQR, ONR and ETC left tora and forza to work on new projects like on Iracing and project cars.......

I admit I feel I gone backwards abit from my days from forza 4, something I feel is making me stuggle.........

I will also admit I accidently took a TCC car during my stint at Silverstone in the wet.......(and I still take response ability from it).......for something I should have know better.......

that's what I think of this community atm.......

heres the question.....when the ABRC championship was doing votes and stuff for the series, only a small number turned up for the events and the ppl who voted, didn't do the events at all......Why?

be advertising my friends work on here
https://www.patreon.com/etherealworlds where dreams are made off
http://ethereal-worlds.com/

RW26 BLAZE

TORA Race Number : 515
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 983
Registration date : 2012-07-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Senna on Sun 4 Dec 2016 - 22:49

Capirossi22 wrote:
Senna wrote:
Capirossi22 wrote:You consistently block me for over half a lap when I was much faster than you, and when I get stuck on curb and you rear end me, you call that me hitting you? I gained nearly 2,000 feet on you in the first quarter of a lap, but I couldn't get around you because you stayed planted in the middle of the road and moved in front of me every time I tried to pass you. I waited until the safest possible moment to get around you in a slow turn under braking. I lost over 4,000 feet to the car ahead because I was stuck on your ass for so long. I accidentally took a little too much curb after I passed you and got slowed down when I bottomed out, and you hit me. Then you have the nerve to call me a "liability?" I was complaining about this in the party chat and another driver said that you had been blocking him in the previous stint as well, so I am not the only one to have experienced this. You cannot blame a problem on someone else when you are the one who created the problem in the first place.

Honestly, this is the reason this is a problem and it's because you simply don't understand racing ettiquette at all.

First of all:

• You absolutely did not gain on me by 2000ft in the first quarter of any lap. In fact, you lost over 15000ft to me by stints end.

• You crashed directly in front of me (on one of the easiest corners of the circuit I might add) and expect me not to hit you.

• The onus is not on us to move out of your way. You aren't lapping us. I didn't block, I held my line as any TCC should.

You've absolutely lost the plot and your post only highlights the fact that you clearly do not understand what is necessary to compete in these events.

1. I did gain significantly on you. How else would I have been stuck behind you for so long? How would I even have ended up behind you in the first place?

2. I was stuck behind you for a very long time because you would not stop blocking me. I was much faster than you, but I could not pass you because you were cruising in the middle of the road and moving across in front of me every time I tried to come up alongside you. In fact, you hit me when I finally did pass you. I moved up your inside into a slow turn, and you turned into me instead of taking a slightly wider line to let me by when I already had my nose in front of you.

I didn't expect you to not hit me. But I do expect you to not tell the whole forum that I hit you when I made a mistake while in front of you and got hit from behind. It was a racing incident. Yes I screwed up my braking zone and bottomed out on a curb, but there was nothing that either of us could have done about it once it happened. So please tell me how me screwing up a braking zone and getting a glancing blow from behind = me hitting you? Please tell me how that means I should be penalized or banned?

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Capirossi22/video/24205817

3. On multiple occasions I was coming up behind you on a straight section of track and you stayed in the middle. If you had moved over a bit and let me through, you would not have lost any time at all. I call that blocking, and I don't know who wouldn't. I get that it is my responsibility to get around you, but that doesn't make it okay to make it impossible for me to cleanly pass you. I was complaining about your driving in the party, and another driver said that he had experienced the same problem with you in the previous stint. You need to improve your own racecraft before you go telling everyone that we shouldn't be allowed on track.

In that clip, you attempt a move into T1 of Nord, we collide as you were that unpredictable I wasn't expecting it. You then chop across in front of me which can be clearly seen, then make a mistake and I hit you. You say I need to improve my racing standards yet after this mistake, on the very same lap, you crashed and I never saw you again. This is in a car 30 seconds a lap faster than mine. You were behind me in the first place because you messed up and I sure as hell didn't block you on any straights. In fact, I remember you trying to pass me on the back straight and binning it there too. It baffles me that you can call me out when you were a) not quick enough to make a safe pass, b) making more than one large mistake a lap and c) clearly displaying reckless driving in the video you posted to call me out. It's astounding.

You can label it a racing incident all you want. The truth is, we shouldn't even be racing.
Senna

TORA Race Number : 17
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2014-03-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Freheliaz on Sun 4 Dec 2016 - 22:59

Okay let's all go back to Forza 4 where cars were easier to drive. Settings could be saved. A load of stuff could be shared. We all thought 1080p looked nice. We had more cars.

Is that the way we want to go? I don't think so. It's time for us to change as well.

http://happycatracing.forumotion.net/forum

Achievements
2nd Teams TCR TCC 2015
3rd TCR Firecracker '15 Le Mons Underpowered
4th TCR Suzuka 1000km
6th TCR GRX and 5th in Teams
Freheliaz

TORA Race Number : 626
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2014-03-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShrinkingSteven on Sun 4 Dec 2016 - 23:20

That moment you only go onto the forum to see if an argument has started in the TEC thread.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I'm waiting for the "It will be better next year"

In all serious nothing will change, same idiots same gutless racing which gets people who are passionate about what they do irate. Best TEC years were 2012-2014 where we had 40+ teams enter. #backtobasicsguys

To race in the top class you need to be above a certain target lap-time (107%) otherwise you are going to cause crap for others. If its LMP cars even more strict on who can race them you actually need some brains to work lap traffic.

Problem is people get easily offended nowdays and just need to grow a pair
ShrinkingSteven

TORA Race Number : 8
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2543
Registration date : 2012-03-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyin Mikey J on Sun 4 Dec 2016 - 23:31

Renegade JPS wrote:Given that this was my very first excursion into TEC on a very intimidating track and being with a team that were not the best in GT (Car 44 Mustang Samples), I still feel that I held my own, I put the time and the effort into testing my car and with the help of ReaperMech tuned my car to work with me, in doing this I personally think I proved that not everyone should be tarnished with the same brush.

All in all you guys put on a great show, I had some great racing up in GT and I had fun.

No point to this post really just thought I'd throw my thoughts in.

Renegade, I am glad you did make this post, as you are actually a good example of "how" my proposed ranking system would work.

No such labels as Gold, Silver, Bronze, but rather experience. In theory, one would join TORA, enter some of the lower tier races, such as TCC, Touring Masters or American Iron, and gain experience while proving that they are capable of clean racing.

Quite a bit different than joining TORA and jumping head first into a premier level race such as the 24H of Nurburgring, only to find out just how far over their head they are.

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/
1st 2012 MMTCC Sedan Championship 2016 VTCC TC250 US Championship
Flyin Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 12191
Registration date : 2012-04-20

View user profile http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Venom on Sun 4 Dec 2016 - 23:33

All i see on this website is people complaining about people being "elite". Do you think we magically got quick over night? I started from the very bottom on forza 5 using all assists. I would be worse than most people here if I didn't decide i wanted to be better. All of these people who run at the top put the time in to do so. Sure people have talent but without dedication it's worthless. It's offensive to say stupid things about us when you don't know how much time we have put in to be where we are. It's the same as any other game. You can't complain that someone has tried harder than you and/or put more effort into their race craft. Like Harmonic said being off the pace is OK. Lots of us have been there. The whole point is to become a better driver all the time. Learn from mistakes and improve for the next one. If that doesn't sound appealing you are wasting a lot of people's time including your own. This "elite" thing needs to die. Just a big middle finger to everyone who put countless hours of their time into something they enjoy. If the drivers on the slower end of the spectrum want respect than they have to respect those on the top. I respect all drivers no matter your pace if you know how to properly race cleanly. If pace isn't your strong suit then try focusing on being a better racer. I'm not aiming this at anyone specific and am not trying to offend anyone. This is for everyone to see and if you think it applies to yourself then i hope you take what i said seriously.

Racecraft > being fast
F4H Venom

TORA Race Number : 23
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2016-02-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShrinkingSteven on Sun 4 Dec 2016 - 23:40

massive difference between off pace and now impeding the lower class, Im about 2 seconds slower a lap to you unhuman guys and where I will always be.

If your 7-10 seconds off to the overall leaders then you shouldn't be racing in that class and better off if you are in the slower class its safer for everyone and avoids nasty incidents. Simple? but no people are too easily offended.

Answer = Pro/pro-am/Am categories for GT racing =)  Set it for target lap-times groups. Epic stuff.

Last edited by ShrinkingSteven on Sun 4 Dec 2016 - 23:41; edited 1 time in total
ShrinkingSteven

Xbox One PC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H ForceOne on Sun 4 Dec 2016 - 23:41

Can we please stop pitting "elitists" against everyone else. This type of attitude towards criticism is toxic and is the type of generalization that will force even more people out of the series.
F4H ForceOne

TORA Race Number : 248
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2016-06-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShrinkingSteven on Sun 4 Dec 2016 - 23:43

F4H ForceOne wrote:Can we please stop pitting "elitists" against everyone else. This type of attitude towards criticism is toxic and is the type of generalization that will force even more people out of the series.

^^ Exactly.

How do you "get fast" Learn from them take knowledge and you will shave seconds and make friends doing it.... Very Happy
ShrinkingSteven

Xbox One PC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Motorhead on Mon 5 Dec 2016 - 0:28

In regards to the elite thing which is a shame that people boil it down this way, respect is a two way street. I never once hated someone for being better than me, and I never looked down on anyone slower than me. When I was doing my thing in 2012-2013 I hung out with the right people who helped me get better. It's a smart idea to not alienate these people because not only may they not choose to race, reducing the quality and quantity of the field, they will probably be less willing to help. 95% of everyone here will choose to help if you're nice to them or at least don't give them any reasons to turn the other way.

If someone of reasonable stature calls you out, there's probably a reason. No one likes being called out, I hate it, but sometimes you need to try to understand a point they're trying to make. I would also say it's not too late for anyone who may feel a certain way to possibly square up, mediate and ask the main contributors in this thread calling for better driving standards for advice on how to mitigate this happening in the future. But those that fight, see no wrong in their actions or even justify bad driving are cases we'll have to confer among other staff whether TORA is the right place for them.

Blaming the car especially in such a high profile event as this is negligent. It is inexcusable to drive a car you're not confident in or not have enough experience or practice. We don't schedule mandatory practice but we confide in people that they turn up knowing what they're doing, what they're getting into, and moreover knowing the rules and etiquette. Even the best got it wrong, we saw a German Porsche spinning on the live stream. But they don't crash every lap or crash into others or indeed end up in an inter-class battle. They were unlucky that they went an inch on the grass but that's all it takes.

Let this be known that TORA are firm but fair on driving standards but we can only give what we can see. This means that not everything can be resolved but sometimes we do see more than people think. It's also a call for people to record and/or specify major incidents that happen so we can have a look at them. We can't give anything based on hearsay but we will check and make sure things are alright.

And finally a call to anyone who was out of their depth today, considering the TEC races are not for the fainthearted and especially the N24 - why not gain experience in other championships running or to be announced? This will probably help a lot for future races.

HCR Motorhead

TORA Race Number : 4
Number of posts : 2093
Registration date : 2012-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Driv3 on Mon 5 Dec 2016 - 1:06

Well said^^.

*sigh* where to begin? Elitism and the mentioning of it has to stop. Some people have been doing this for literally years of their life and practice makes perfect. They are fast you are not.

The calling out of people's names was/is harsh but needed. The reason ruthlessrellik was banned from racing was due to his general lack of due care and attention while racing causing him to lose his headlights every lap of racing during a night stint becoming a huge danger to himself and those around him. Rellik: You were a danger and we stopped from racing for those reasons. You can't defend your driving after this decision was made, you're in no place to. Improve yourself and strive to be better.

TORA is a rough place and it takes a large amount of skill to maintain pace here even on normal tracks. This includes becoming lapped traffic and having the skill, racecraft and knowhow to avoid incidents and let faster traffic by like DR CHAIR PHD did (love that gamertag btw).

We staff at TORA were thinking about implementing a 107% rule for this race because we thought it wouldn't be needed and that our racers would hold themselves to a high enough standard that traffic would be a non event. We were wrong. As Flyin Mikey J has previously mentioned, we are most likely going to be implementing a ladder class system for 2017 and after this race, a 107% rule for most or all endurance events. So to all those who think that we have done nothing by way of improving the standards recently, we have been doing a very large amount behind the scenes and we didn't want to implement it halfway through a season so we are waiting for 2017 to do that.

Finally, I'd like to address the nature of some comments made in this thread. This is not entitled "bicker about who did what to who". We has stewards inquiries for a reason. If someone wronged you, report it. Also, if someone is pointing out that your driving wasn't the best, then take on board what they have to say rather than go into super defensive mode and argue with them. David and Hakkinen (Chris not Martin sorry) made solid points about some etiquette and got backlash. That's not fair. They have a large amount of experience in series like these and know what they're talking about. If people like them say something is wrong then listen and heed their advice.

We are a racing community and I'd like it if some people would understand what that word means. Community: a social, religious, occupational, or other group sharing common characteristics or interests. It means we shouldn't fly off the handle at someone who made some small mistakes or start a fight over something that can be easily fixed. It means we should help each other and point out each other's weaknesses and help each other with that. Those who said it are right; if you ask somebody at TORA for help they will give it to you. Some teams who were slower for this race and caused problems voiced concern over lap times and were offered help. I offered my help to those who seemed like they needed it. Nobody responded. We might be big but we shouldn't be scary. TEC in 2017 is going to be a little easier than this but people who struggled today and yesterday should practice, come back and race in other events to ready themselves for the new year.

I hope that's cleared some things up.

1st Lemons @ Le Mans 2nd Privateers Fiesta Spec Cup

Mr Driv3

TORA Race Number : 6
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2014-06-17

View user profile https://griptekperformance.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H ForceOne on Mon 5 Dec 2016 - 1:22

I would highly suggest the TCC if you're new. Believe it or not, I started off my league racing career there just 7 months ago, and look how far I've come! Never thought I'd end up in a place like F4H. All it takes is practice, an open mind, and a willingness to learn 👍🏻
F4H ForceOne

TORA Race Number : 248
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2016-06-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen on Mon 5 Dec 2016 - 1:58

Hakkinen = Chrisupra = Chris. Maybe I shouldn't of changed my tag Sad

Somewhere along the line this conversation went askew. It really really has nothing to do with pace. I mean, I watched ESL and FRC and seen these blistering fast guys who haven't a god damn clue how to race or know anything about racecraft and it turned into destruction derby in week 2. I can tell you, ESL were pissed and TORA should be pissed too when guys don't show respect. Anyway, on week 3 of FRC we watched Harmonic and Nova go toe to toe and not crash once because they are seasoned racers and they were in a P car. I will not use names but we have slower guys in this community who know how to race. The only difference between each lobby SHOULD be the pace, not the race craft. It should be even across all lobbies.

We should all want to get better, we should all abide by the rules and we should know our limits and depth. Understanding when you've jumped into the deep end is key to avoiding these issues but staff cannot rely on that. iRacing has a penalty system and grades it's members. Although the infrastructure is different, I am sure TORA can find a way.

I have suggested in the past that the staff have google doc in which they rate each member they think they can comment on. Pick a number of areas like pace, race craft, aggression, consistency, etc. and rate them 1-10. They'll get an overall score. The other weigh-in should be the community that supply the input once events are over in the same format so a persons rating will either go up or come down. Kinda like Uber, you rate your ride after right?

The staff input gets the balling rolling and the community then maintains it. If you're nice to your competitor, I guess you'll get good marks? Then we have the stewarding, this should also affect your rating.

World Class is 8.5-10 (LMP1, LMP2 and GT Pro)
Expert is 7-8.5 (GT Am, TCC, etc.)
Professional 6-7 (Go Karts, bumper cars, I don't know I am tired!)
Novice - No rating (lower PI series just to get your started)

This is just an example and hopefully it creates an even better idea with someone else. Anyway, a structure like this creates low maintenace for the staff and the community do the hard work for you. Just get a google doc wizard, select the criteria and grading and you're all set.

F4H Hakkinen

TORA Race Number : 379
Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TechnologicMau5 on Mon 5 Dec 2016 - 2:05

I started here almost exactly 3 years ago doing what was the British GT equivalent on Forza 4. My friends and I were floating around the middle of what I remember as a ~60 car field. We did 2 full seasons of this, and other miscellaneous races before doing our first endurance race at Silverstone. Throughout this time, me and my teammates made friends with plenty of great people here, mainly people from LMR. So, when the time came to do our first N24 in 2014, LMR were happy to take us under their wing as my friend's and I started a new team. They helped us tune and practice in the weeks before the event, and when the checkered flag dropped, LMR locked out 1st & 2nd, with Griptek in 3rd.

Now, even with some of the top LMR drivers gone, we have landed 4th, right in between a 2.6 mile gap separating 3rd, and 5th. I could not be prouder of this result, and I am forever grateful to LMR Deftone, LMR Harmonic, and others for helping us improve to this standard.

So please, take criticism proudly, look up to those that are doing this right, and strive to improve yourself to match them. Even if you never can, simply trying will make so much difference.

Griptek Performance Leader/Manager
Circuit Racer, Tuner & Painter
Drive clean. Drive fast.

TechnologicMau5

TORA Race Number : 30
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 938
Registration date : 2014-01-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MAB170294 on Mon 5 Dec 2016 - 2:25

Seems as i along with others were singled out i will have my say.

The elitist tag is completely justified, though to assume its because you are faster is wrong. For instance no one would call the 2 german team elitests even though they dominated, the problem instead is the attitude of some of the faster guys. I do not think that HCR F4H and LMR should be branded with the elitist whip it instead certain individuals in those teams that unfortunately make the whole team look bad especially to newbies who haven't got to know some of the guys in the teams. 2 people in particular that have their heads so far up their own a**** and let the image of their team down massively are:

Shock and horror - Harmonic and Solar, their are others but these are the 2 worst culprits by far who would prefer a field of 20 of them, instead of a field of mixed ability and experience.

As for the list of people you said don't deserve to be on tora, if you had a decent memory instead of one of a goldfish you would know that quite a few on that list are extremely experienced racers on tora who almost never have any on track issue and also have a lot of respect in the community themselves which you probably can't see from inside your a''''''.

I admit struggled massively in the night stints but in the day stints you can see i beat all the TCC cars even in a stint where i had 2 crashes requiring me to limp back to the pits and fall to last, and one thing i found coming back through the tcc field was that they are the makers of the problem, they could see i was catching them hugely and i waited till a good spot to pass but they still turned in to me so why is it they can do that but were not allowed to crash? If anyone in gt crashed and had to limp back in the 1st 2 laps they wouldve been in the tcc ix so you can't say we shouldve been in that position cus this track in particular bites.

So one final thing if you wont to go whine off into the sunset cus you dont get what you want then fine, do one you wont be missed, except maybe by your reflection

3rd - TCR Sport Classics - Driver
 3rd - TCR Sport Classics - Team
MAB170294

TORA Race Number : 40
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2013-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Solar on Mon 5 Dec 2016 - 3:22

1. i never said get rid of the people, i said put them in the TCC Bracket, so before ya slam me saying i said get rid of People completely, reread what i said before thank you.

2. i'm all for helping newbies, don't get me wrong, but the quality of Driving is absolutely shocking in the past couple months, if i wanna race i want to do it with people who have Good with Race craft, but we all learn, but atleast i didn't learn it doing a competitive race Smile

thank you and good bye lol.

HCR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2237
Registration date : 2014-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad Bull Ben on Mon 5 Dec 2016 - 3:33

@CAR Harmonic
I'm going to talk about my team LMP Castrol.
Firstly me and Mab had absolutely no testing due to us signing up late and that we realised we got in on Wednesday, the day before qualifying. We only had 2 people that could even make it.
We both had to do 12 hours of racing with little sleep between the stints.

I was towards the back of the gt field probably would have been further up if I practiced. But please give me an example of where I went wrong and caused an incident?
I'm a very clean racer I normally try and go off the track if I was about to hit someone. You can tell this by me never getting an SI (from what I remember).

How dare you say that I shouldn't be allowed to race when I did nothing wrong, I didn't hit or block a single TCC car in any of my stints. I went near the TCC cars twice. Once in my first stint of the rain which I crashed as I was still learning where the puddles are, I was coming back on track realised their was a car coming went back on the grass again but he didn't realise I seen him and dodged where I would have gone and hit a puddle and span it. Not my fault at all.

The second was at the beginning of my last stint where I hit a curb while breaking which sent me in to the barrier,  so I went in to the pit and came out behind everyone but each time I over took someone I did it on a straight because it would have end in a barrier in a corner. So once again nothing wrong with what I did.

I did not as you put it continuously interfere with TCC cars. So why should I get told that I should not be allowed to race?

Again this post looks like an elitist post. You do not and should not be able to have big moan at people that are not as fast or as consistent as the best. Being slow or crashing is fine, some drivers just aren't as good. When you get a driver that's not the best and isn't very consistent around this track and the best forza drivers in the world what do you expect.
This association is for everybody of all skills meaning that sometimes some drivers are slower than others even though they are in a faster car.
I do not think all of the top few are elitist only a very few.

The top TCC cars weren't very good either, I had and numerous other drivers were complaining that they were blocking GT cars badly by being in the middle of the road and not giving any room on the straights to let them past. Yes I know it's the overtaking cars problem but when you know that they are quicker and overtake soon enough, not only are they slowing us down massively but they are being a hazard because we do not know when they break etc

In the beginning of me joining tora I used to look up to the top dogs because I respected them, but the more I see posts like this the less it gets.

I enjoyed racing at this event and proud that my team 2 manned it,  but posts like this just ruin it because your calling people out that have done nothing wrong.

Last edited by Mad Bull Ben on Mon 5 Dec 2016 - 3:56; edited 1 time in total

Mad Bull Ben

TORA Race Number : 466
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2016-04-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Melody22B on Mon 5 Dec 2016 - 3:40

While there have been some very valid points made here, I feel as if naming and shaming is completely unnecessary, as is not allowing people to race. If you have a problem with someone and something they have done, PM them or find a time you are both on XBL and have a chat there. I personally belong to the slower group of drivers, and I tell you, its a hard slog when you're getting singled out by the fast guys. But the constructive criticism is the most helpful stuff around. I got my laps down by about 19 secs throughout the week leading up to and during the race weekend. I know I need to improve, and trust me, I'm working on it. The comments regarding forcing people into certain series due to skill level don't quite sit right with me. I understand the reason behind the idea, and I support some sort of rating system, but 90% of the series are at terrible times for me. TEC, TASCAR and Indycar are three of the series I can race in, and I'm not really interested in two of those. I wish I could do Touring Masters or TCC, but I have school, and shouldn't really be staying up that late, leaving my racing fix for weekends, which unfortunately there isn't much to race. I try during the christmas holidays to join in what I can, but there's not much on. Also those comments on getting the slower guys (my team) to move to TCC, while do in some way make sense, in my case would have made us surely come last. I would personally rather struggle within the TCC pack and let the faster guy on our team compete, therefore letting our team compete, rather than coming dead last in every stint and that fast guy driving a lost cause.

I came here 3 years ago with a crappy internet connection, and it's only this year that I have been able to race properly. I came here because I saw a huge community of people who loved racing. I saw huge lobbies and saw a chance to race, join in and have fun. I now sit here seeing about half the community it once was, and it being rather salty. Because of that people are leaving. Sure the big teams (F4H, HCR, LMP and LMR) are still around but are nowhere near as big as they used to be. I remember seeing the Makita Ford GT dominate GT, but everyone seemed happy. Now I see F4H and LMR winning a hell of a lot (props to you guys being so good) and posts like this appearing very frequently. There's clearly something not right around here, and we all need to work together to fix it. If there's something I can do to help, next year for sure I can try.

I heard throughout the weekend that on certain livestreams and in certain stint parties, that there were a few "jokes" directed towards my car and the people driving it, particularly myself and camo496. I'll take my experience from Spa and say it here. I did not feel very welcomed by those comments, and somehow the #44 car has become a joke due to one or two people driving it. You people who made those comments know who you are.

On a more positive note, the lobbies and parties I was in for my stints were a good experience and the last stint was by far my best, and the best experience in any stint. 9th in class and 14th overall is not bad for a team with a "mobile chicane" in 3 stints, one of which was the hardest race/stint I've ever done. 3:30 to 5:30am in the rain is not easy, especially after you've already done stint 1, requiring you to stay up all night. Our goal was to not finish last, and we didn't in our class or overall, mostly thanks to Renegade JPS and a few unlucky lag outs, some disqualifications and some crashes. Have to feel bad for those teams, but I'm just really happy with how we did, considering the lack of experience for 3 out of the 5 guys.

Anyways, I hope what I've said is on topic enough, and I look forward to bringing the mighty #44 to as many races I can at the end of this year and into the next. A big thanks to mikey and F4n4tic in the Porsches for making that pass so easy at the end of Stint 12 too. I think we all need to stop trying to take the piss out of each other (I apologise if my comment re the "jokes" seems this way) and try get our points across without too much anger.
Melody22B

TORA Race Number : 44
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-09-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Solar on Mon 5 Dec 2016 - 3:42

im not having my name thrown around like that, i haven't pointed out names or anything so why should my name be bought up? so for the love of god if you have a problem with me bring 2 PM me Wink.

HCR Solar

Xbox 360 PC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Melody22B on Mon 5 Dec 2016 - 3:57

HCR Solar wrote:im not having my name thrown around like that, i haven't pointed out names or anything so why should my name be bought up? so for the love of god if you have a problem with me bring 2 PM me Wink.
Is that in reply to MAB?
Melody22B

TORA Race Number : 44
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-09-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raceboy77 on Mon 5 Dec 2016 - 4:28

All I can say is that this really sucked lol.
http://xboxclips.com/Raceboy77/dcbd003a-5945-4f04-b323-e0796a606c7a/embed
If you are in the faster classes, please just hang out behind the slower class until a spot where it's 100% safe with whatever your skill level is to pass. Whether that's a long completely straight shot or a corner, don't risk others if you're not 100% in a cross class battle. Also, if you intend to pass, please make sure you stay ahead. If there's a problem, just let them back by and wait again for the next safe spot.
Raceboy77

TORA Race Number : 790
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2013-07-31

View user profile http://www.twitch.tv/raceboy77

Back to top Go down

Post by ruthlessrellik on Mon 5 Dec 2016 - 4:54

MAB170294 wrote:Seems as i along with others were singled out i will have my say.

The elitist tag is completely justified, though to assume its because you are faster is wrong. For instance no one would call the 2 german team elitests even though they dominated, the problem instead is the attitude of some of the faster guys. I do not think that HCR F4H and LMR should be branded with the elitist whip it instead certain individuals in those teams that unfortunately make the whole team look bad especially to newbies who haven't got to know some of the guys in the teams. 2 people in particular that have their heads so far up their own a**** and let the image of their team down massively are:

Shock and horror - Harmonic and Solar, their are others but these are the 2 worst culprits by far who would prefer a field of 20 of them, instead of a field of mixed ability and experience.

As for the list of people you said don't deserve to be on tora, if you had a decent memory instead of one of a goldfish you would know that quite a few on that list are extremely experienced  racers on tora who almost never have any on track issue and also have a lot of respect in the community themselves which you probably can't see from inside your a''''''.

I admit struggled massively in the night stints but in the day stints you can see i beat all the TCC cars even in a stint where i had 2 crashes requiring me to limp back to the pits and fall to last, and one thing i found coming back through the tcc field was that they are the makers of the problem, they could see i was catching them hugely and i waited till a good spot to pass but they still turned in to me so why is it they can do that but were not allowed to crash? If anyone in gt crashed and had to limp back in the 1st 2 laps they wouldve been in the tcc ix so you can't say we shouldve been in that position cus this track in particular bites.

So one final thing if you wont to go whine off into the sunset cus you dont get what you want then fine, do one you wont be missed, except maybe by your reflection

I agree with you fully. The term elitist should not be used to talk about fast drivers, but rather drivers that think they are never at fault. This track is undoubtedly the most difficult drive on the game. Some of us were running here for the first time, which probably should have waited for a better track, that is the reason for most of the problems. This is such a hard track to get right and so many opportunities for mistakes. The TCC cars, while it being a position on track, will get passed by the GT cars 9 times out of 10. Unless the tune is absolute crap or the car gets damaged, the GT car is going to get by. The GT cars have to take responsibility to pass safely, but the TCC cars need to do a much better job at allowing the GT car to pass. By keeping a GT car behind you for two-thirds of the lap you're hindering their race more than they hindered yours by having an incident. The fault should be shared among all here.

ruthlessrellik

TORA Race Number : 948
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2016-10-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Solar on Mon 5 Dec 2016 - 4:57

DJllama22 wrote:
HCR Solar wrote:im not having my name thrown around like that, i haven't pointed out names or anything so why should my name be bought up? so for the love of god if you have a problem with me bring 2 PM me Wink.
Is that in reply to MAB?

pritty much and for anyone else that wants to throw my name around lol.

HCR Solar

Xbox 360 PC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ruthlessrellik on Mon 5 Dec 2016 - 5:01

Mr Driv3 wrote:Well said^^.

*sigh* where to begin? Elitism and the mentioning of it has to stop. Some people have been doing this for literally years of their life and practice makes perfect. They are fast you are not.

The calling out of people's names was/is harsh but needed. The reason ruthlessrellik was banned from racing was due to his general lack of due care and attention while racing causing him to lose his headlights every lap of racing during a night stint becoming a huge danger to himself and those around him. Rellik: You were a danger and we stopped from racing for those reasons. You can't defend your driving after this decision was made, you're in no place to. Improve yourself and strive to be better.

I am no longer going to try to defend my poor racing, but for you to continue to say that I did not care is wrong. If you have read what I said earlier today and before the race in various threads, you would understand that I never intended to be a problem. As for loosing my attention, I will again point to the fact that my party was cracking jokes the whole way through. While my team has not raced here on TORA before we have been racing on reddit.com/r/redditracing for a long time. I myself ran a very successful IndyCar series, I understand why the stewards took action and I am content with that. I have never been in a serious race with so much banter and unrelated communication as I had for my stint. I was expecting a much different atmosphere for this race.

ruthlessrellik

TORA Race Number : 948
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2016-10-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next