TORA ShirtRLM_10_main_logoMSA_full
Donations
Donations options

TORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion

Post by ForlornBear2717 on Mon 9 Oct 2017 - 14:12

LMP Dragon wrote:So..... Which class is for rookies and which one is for advanced drivers? There is no clarification here. We need it.

Pro am 2 is rookie, pro is advanced, pro am 1 is in the middle of the two

ForlornBear2717

Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2016-12-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Noodle on Mon 9 Oct 2017 - 15:01

I thought the system was pretty self explanatory personally.

HCR Noodle

TORA Race Number : 100
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 2014-10-25

View user profile http://happycatracing.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by ForlornBear2717 on Mon 9 Oct 2017 - 15:14

Now time to wait to be gifted the car, to tune and make a livery.

ForlornBear2717

Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2016-12-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Diablo on Mon 9 Oct 2017 - 15:38

HCR Noodle wrote:I thought the system was pretty self explanatory personally.

It is, but you made the assumption that people actually read the rules and regs before making posts, and also that people know the difference between Pro and Pro-Am. Both are bad assumptions lol!

Sole Owner the Meme Cannon™

2012 VLN- SP2, F4H Chowderheads: 2nd

F4H Diablo

TORA Race Number : 29
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2104
Registration date : 2011-01-22

View user profile http://www.f4hmotorsport.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DOR stug77 on Mon 9 Oct 2017 - 15:41

How soon before the car is gifted after you register
DOR stug77

TORA Race Number : 77
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LMP Dragon on Mon 9 Oct 2017 - 15:42

F4H Diablo wrote:

It is, but you made the assumption that people actually read the rules and regs before making posts, and also that people know the difference between Pro and Pro-Am. Both are bad assumptions lol!

In argument to this, there is no definition of the classification of the classes in the rule book, as much as it should be "Self-explanatory", some people are not familiar with this system, so what makes sense to you may not make sense to others.... It's an MSA UK set of rules so at least some clarity for the sake of everyone, rookie or experienced can understand it, imho.
LMP Dragon

TORA Race Number : 93
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1176
Registration date : 2013-05-17

View user profile http://lmpdragon.jgsw.me

Back to top Go down

Post by S34LEY on Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 10:58

how long after sign up will you receive the car? I have got to tune and paint mine and that will take me days lol, I know there is a lot of people to gift this to, so might take a while. keep up the good work guys cant wait to get started.

DS334
S34LEY

TORA Race Number : 334
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2017-02-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xl RABIDUS lx on Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 13:02

Dont know as to how long it will take theres some that recieved it within hours of signing up ive yet to recieve mine and tge same goes for 7 of my teammates we have been waiting going on 3 days now

xl RABIDUS lx

TORA Race Number : 156
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2016-05-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DOR stug77 on Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 13:09

Yeah same here still waiting....... would the first round be postponed if entrants don't have access to the vehicle required?
DOR stug77

Xbox One Xbox 360

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Diablo on Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 14:00

LMP Dragon wrote:
F4H Diablo wrote:

In argument to this, there is no definition of the classification of the classes in the rule book, as much as it should be "Self-explanatory", some people are not familiar with this system, so what makes sense to you may not make sense to others.... It's an MSA UK set of rules so at least some clarity for the sake of everyone, rookie or experienced can understand it, imho.

I mean...

Pro is short for professional, Am is short for Amateur. If you don't know what those mean in terms of racing, Google it.

In this particular case,

Pro - Highest class, should contain quickest drivers and/or most experienced in the field. If you're a lobby 1 regular, this is your home.
Pro-Am 1- 2nd class, should contain mid pack peeps. If you're within a couple seconds of pole time regularly, and/or tend to run lobby 2, this is your home.
Pro-Am 2- Lowest class, should contain rookies and last lobby regulars. If you're normally 2.5 or more seconds off pole, this is your home.

If you're still unsure what class you're in based on the above, here's a line of questions.

1. Have I ever been in the top lobby at a major racing league event such as TORA or ORL, or have I competed in the FRC tournaments? If so, you should be in the Pro division. If not, you're either Pro-Am 1 or 2.
Follow up 1- Is my pace close to the top 1/2 of the field? If yes, you're Pro Am 1. If not, you're Pro Am 2.

F4H Diablo

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggsy tv on Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 15:56

Please can we refrain from shaming people who are asking. Sometimes some people miss things in the rules and just need clarification on something. They also might not watch Sports Car racing or ever done online eSports motorsport so that knowledge might not already exist in their experience. When people are not sure on these things, they decide to ask, what they feel would be a friendly helpful community.

It's the reactions of "What, don't you already know" or "Google it" or "I though it was self explanitory" which make these forums feel not so welcoming of new members and people new to this type of thing. Of course if you've been doing this for years or a staff member, these things are obvious, but try and be more helpful for those who are new round here.

Forza 7 has just been released, fresh members will probably speed up around this time which can only be a good thing for the communtiy. Lets be nice Smile

twitch.tv/Biggsy
Biggsy tv

TORA Race Number : 441
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 7494
Registration date : 2009-05-23

View user profile http://www.twitch.tv/Biggsy

Back to top Go down

Post by DOR stug77 on Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 15:58

Biggsy tv wrote:Please can we refrain from shaming people who are asking. Sometimes some people miss things in the rules and just need clarification on something. They also might not watch Sports Car racing or ever done online eSports motorsport so that knowledge might not already exist in their experience. When people are not sure on these things, they decide to ask, what they feel would be a friendly helpful community.

It's the reactions of "What, don't you already know" or "Google it" or "I though it was self explanitory" which make these forums feel not so welcoming of new members and people new to this type of thing. Of course if you've been doing this for years or a staff member, these things are obvious, but try and be more helpful for those who are new round here.

Forza 7 has just been released, fresh members will probably speed up around this time which can only be a good thing for the communtiy. Lets be nice Smile

Well said 👍👏
DOR stug77

Xbox One Xbox 360

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Manthey on Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 17:56

Haven't seen anything regarding tuning setups? Hopefully tuning is not allowed for more competitive racing! Twisted Evil
LMR Manthey

TORA Race Number : 25
Xbox One Mac

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2012-05-30

View user profile http://motordeportes.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HaydieT on Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 18:02

LMR Manthey wrote:Haven't seen anything regarding tuning setups? Hopefully tuning is not allowed for more competitive racing! Twisted Evil

Tunes are allowed and probably for the best with a Porsche. Remember driving that stock gt2 at Dubai at the start of the game? 🙃
HaydieT

TORA Race Number : 11
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2012-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Manthey on Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 18:05

HaydieT wrote:
LMR Manthey wrote:Haven't seen anything regarding tuning setups? Hopefully tuning is not allowed for more competitive racing! Twisted Evil

Tunes are allowed and probably for the best with a Porsche. Remember driving that stock gt2 at Dubai at the start of the game? 🙃

Huh, it's that difficult? I just bought the game today so I wouldn't know. It's still downloading...
LMR Manthey

TORA Race Number : 25
Xbox One Mac

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2012-05-30

View user profile http://motordeportes.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HaydieT on Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 18:08

LMR Manthey wrote:
HaydieT wrote:

Huh, it's that difficult? I just bought the game today so I wouldn't know. It's still downloading...

Not difficult just horrible
HaydieT

TORA Race Number : 11
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2012-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Diablo on Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 18:39

Biggsy tv wrote:Please can we refrain from shaming people who are asking. Sometimes some people miss things in the rules and just need clarification on something. They also might not watch Sports Car racing or ever done online eSports motorsport so that knowledge might not already exist in their experience. When people are not sure on these things, they decide to ask, what they feel would be a friendly helpful community.

I've been racing for a while, was staff from November of last year until last month- I have been pretty easy going, receptive to questions, thoughts, concerns, etc. when anyone had a question about things.

There are times when people are a bit snide on the forums (I'm guilty of this) when they don't need to be, granted. The people who are new get their questions answered. I could've given my response without the remark and it would've been fine.

However, I've found that a lot of times people (not in this case though) tend not to read the rules and consequently ask the same questions before every series, or repeatedly have the same issues happen to them and blame staff/hosts. For that reason, my patience for things isn't as high as it once was. Simon I know you know that feeling all too well.

Hopefully people understand what they need to do now with the "Driver classes". Perhaps Staff should make an announcement post explaining the system if they plan to use it in future events.

F4H Diablo

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by SubaruWRX522 on Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 19:46

HaydieT wrote:
LMR Manthey wrote:
HaydieT wrote:

Not difficult just horrible
Horrible is an understatement lol Its like someone you love constantly trying to axe murder you.
SubaruWRX522

TORA Race Number : 229
Xbox One Playstation 3

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2017-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DOR stug77 on Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 19:54

Its like trying to control a soggy waffle
DOR stug77

Xbox One Xbox 360

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xl RABIDUS lx on Thu 12 Oct 2017 - 1:08

So once again when are we suppossed to recieve the car for the series? Going on 4 days now no car since sign up

xl RABIDUS lx

Xbox One Xbox 360

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SubaruWRX522 on Thu 12 Oct 2017 - 1:11

xl RABIDUS lx wrote:So once again when are we suppossed to recieve the car for the series? Going on 4 days now no car since sign up
Matt is on vacation and I believe BIGBEN is handling things for now. You will get the car once an updated registration list is sent off to Turn10. I imagine it will be sent once or twice per week.
SubaruWRX522

TORA Race Number : 229
Xbox One Playstation 3

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2017-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggsy tv on Thu 12 Oct 2017 - 9:04

That's fine, but especially as we're getting closer to the season opener, maybe it should be sent a bit more regularly? I completed the signup form Monday morning and it's now Thursday morning, and I do believe others have waiting much longer than this, so even in the case it's sent twice a week, we should still be overdue a batch by now?

BIGBEN, any update?

twitch.tv/Biggsy
Biggsy tv

TORA Race Number : 441
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 7494
Registration date : 2009-05-23

View user profile http://www.twitch.tv/Biggsy

Back to top Go down

Post by DOR stug77 on Thu 12 Oct 2017 - 9:12

I love being part of this community and as such I'm fully aware it's staff are not paid to do this however I am concerned that with less than two weeks to go with no car which means no paint and no testing/tune ready it's going to be a push for many of us with real world/everyday stuff to sort out to fit this in.....just a concern not in anyway a criticism

So if an update could be made available that would be smashing!
DOR stug77

Xbox One Xbox 360

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xl RABIDUS lx on Thu 12 Oct 2017 - 12:11

Maybe this series should be postponed a week to relieve the tension of everyone having to rush to get ready for the race as it may take up to raceday before some will actually recieve the car

xl RABIDUS lx

Xbox One Xbox 360

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen Vision on Thu 12 Oct 2017 - 12:26

xl RABIDUS lx wrote:Maybe this series should be postponed a week to relieve the tension of everyone having to rush to get ready for the race as it may take up to raceday before some will actually recieve the car

i agree there, leave it another week so everyone can get their cars ready
Owen Vision

TORA Race Number : 370
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2017-10-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down