Log in

I forgot my password

Facebook
Instagram
Sponsors & Affiliates
TORA ShirtRLM_10_main_logoMSA_full
Donations
Donations options

TORA TCF TASCAR Season 7 - General Discussion

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Re: TORA TCF TASCAR Season 7 - General Discussion

Post by HCR NO MERCY on Sun 15 Apr 2018 - 7:02

Windcharger8199 wrote:
HCR Solar wrote:if its a forza issue why is Mercy been told that he might be losing his finishing position? seems a bit harsh considering its out of his hands. personally i'd say rerun the race if you feel people have been cheated by the game and not HIM.

Even so it is an unfair advantage against those who decides to be honest...I set mine prior to each race via free play for what the series is.  If Mercy did indeed not change his settings...knowing that the glitch has not been fixed by Turn 10 then he is guilty of cheating...even if unintentional.  Mercy could of easily no stopped that race and claimed he ran fuel mileage all the way.

This ultimately can even put harsher regulations on those who dont break the rules.  Mercy Already demonstrated during Qually that he has no regard for rules by having a really dark Blue window tint on his car which screwed me up during qually.  Not only did I say something others did, and from what i hear he still had it on during the race despite Jordan telling him to take it off.  So whats to say that he intentionally left his damage setting on no damage rather than fuel and tires.

Rules state what damage settings must be on...for Daytona it was fuel and tires and drivers are tp accomodate for game glitches accordingly...that means that thier settings must be set to the series...it would be different if lobby settings overwrote user settings but it doesnt.

Put simply...ACG No Mercy failed to adhear to the rules of the series that are determined by Staff and Series organizers.  His failure to remove a banned window tint as told to by series organizers and his failure to make sure ALL his settings were correct is in my opinion a punishable offense.

I dont see how people can defend this.  63 laps is impossible at daytona with fuel and tires...The only way to achieve that and only loose 200 feet a lap is by not having your settings right.


Oh so I being accused of cheating now............ mmmmmmmm. Because you believe I had idea of a so called glitched that prevented me to run Tire and Fuel even though the lobby host forced it? Yeah I definitely had a dame idea that I was going to run a Daytona race knowingly there a glitch of some sort like that? What give you the right to make an accusation like that. I never, in this series or other series cheated to get a unfair advantage on others. And for you to make that accusations and others who agree with you on this, is not right. I can't believe this. You think I have no regards for the rules? You obviously haven't competed with me in other races beside this one. I screw you up in qualifying based on my tint. Are you joking? You didn't just qualify on pole for B lobby. But YOU WERE IN FRONT OF ME while we where qualifying and on top of that you finished first in B lobby, but hey if you want to use that excuse to show why you didn't qualify in A lobby go right ahead. I was trying to let the admin figure this one out but when someone accuse me of cheating, you can bet I'm going to defend myself.

HCR NO MERCY

TORA Race Number : 876
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 139
Location : USA
Registration date : 2016-03-05
Reputation : 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TORA TCF TASCAR Season 7 - General Discussion

Post by Ax4x Broomzke on Sun 15 Apr 2018 - 9:19

Good Sportsmanship
5.6 TORA considers good sportsmanship to be the very essence of the sport, and the basic foundation of any competition. Competitors are expected to hold the qualities of fairness, honesty, courtesy, and justice to be more important than the outcome of the race.
avatar
Ax4x Broomzke

TORA Race Number : #17
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 818
Location : Gosnells Western Australia
Registration date : 2012-10-10
Reputation : 15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TORA TCF TASCAR Season 7 - General Discussion

Post by EVR MeaD 212 on Sun 15 Apr 2018 - 14:04

Windcharger8199 wrote:
HCR Solar wrote:if its a forza issue why is Mercy been told that he might be losing his finishing position? seems a bit harsh considering its out of his hands. personally i'd say rerun the race if you feel people have been cheated by the game and not HIM.

Even so it is an unfair advantage against those who decides to be honest...I set mine prior to each race via free play for what the series is.  If Mercy did indeed not change his settings...knowing that the glitch has not been fixed by Turn 10 then he is guilty of cheating...even if unintentional.  Mercy could of easily no stopped that race and claimed he ran fuel mileage all the way.

This ultimately can even put harsher regulations on those who dont break the rules.  Mercy Already demonstrated during Qually that he has no regard for rules by having a really dark Blue window tint on his car which screwed me up during qually.  Not only did I say something others did, and from what i hear he still had it on during the race despite Jordan telling him to take it off.  So whats to say that he intentionally left his damage setting on no damage rather than fuel and tires.

Rules state what damage settings must be on...for Daytona it was fuel and tires and drivers are tp accomodate for game glitches accordingly...that means that thier settings must be set to the series...it would be different if lobby settings overwrote user settings but it doesnt.

Put simply...ACG No Mercy failed to adhear to the rules of the series that are determined by Staff and Series organizers.  His failure to remove a banned window tint as told to by series organizers and his failure to make sure ALL his settings were correct is in my opinion a punishable offense.

I dont see how people can defend this.  63 laps is impossible at daytona with fuel and tires...The only way to achieve that and only loose 200 feet a lap is by not having your settings right.

Well said




ritchard1995@gmail.com


"AMS Datsun: - I was drunk and stoned, not my fault"

avatar
EVR MeaD 212

TORA Race Number : 212
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 338
Location : Sutton in Ashfield
Registration date : 2013-02-02
Reputation : 4

View user profile http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: TORA TCF TASCAR Season 7 - General Discussion

Post by Windcharger8199 on Sun 15 Apr 2018 - 15:11

ACG NO MERCY wrote:
Windcharger8199 wrote:
HCR Solar wrote:if its a forza issue why is Mercy been told that he might be losing his finishing position? seems a bit harsh considering its out of his hands. personally i'd say rerun the race if you feel people have been cheated by the game and not HIM.

Even so it is an unfair advantage against those who decides to be honest...I set mine prior to each race via free play for what the series is.  If Mercy did indeed not change his settings...knowing that the glitch has not been fixed by Turn 10 then he is guilty of cheating...even if unintentional.  Mercy could of easily no stopped that race and claimed he ran fuel mileage all the way.

This ultimately can even put harsher regulations on those who dont break the rules.  Mercy Already demonstrated during Qually that he has no regard for rules by having a really dark Blue window tint on his car which screwed me up during qually.  Not only did I say something others did, and from what i hear he still had it on during the race despite Jordan telling him to take it off.  So whats to say that he intentionally left his damage setting on no damage rather than fuel and tires.

Rules state what damage settings must be on...for Daytona it was fuel and tires and drivers are tp accomodate for game glitches accordingly...that means that thier settings must be set to the series...it would be different if lobby settings overwrote user settings but it doesnt.

Put simply...ACG No Mercy failed to adhear to the rules of the series that are determined by Staff and Series organizers.  His failure to remove a banned window tint as told to by series organizers and his failure to make sure ALL his settings were correct is in my opinion a punishable offense.

I dont see how people can defend this.  63 laps is impossible at daytona with fuel and tires...The only way to achieve that and only loose 200 feet a lap is by not having your settings right.


Oh so I being accused of cheating now............ mmmmmmmm. Because you believe I had idea of a so called glitched that prevented me to run Tire and Fuel even though the lobby host forced it? Yeah I definitely had a dame idea that I was going to run a Daytona race knowingly there a glitch of some sort like that? What give you the right to make an accusation like that. I never, in this series or other series cheated to get a unfair advantage on others. And for you to make that accusations and others who agree with you on this, is not right. I can't believe this. You think I have no regards for the rules? You obviously haven't competed with me in other races beside this one. I screw you up in qualifying based on my tint. Are you joking? You didn't just qualify on pole for B lobby. But YOU WERE IN FRONT OF ME while we where qualifying and on top of that you finished first in B lobby, but hey if you want to use that excuse to show why you didn't qualify in A lobby go right ahead. I was trying to let the admin figure this one out but when someone accuse me of cheating, you can bet I'm going to defend myself.

Firstly i ran my fastest lap before passing you in qually. It screwed me up because i could not see my points of referance to stay glued to the bottom.

Secondly: I didnt make A Lobby because of the way the series organizers split the lobbies, plain and simple. Was I annoyed Yes, However you were not the cause. I even said personally I think A Lobby should always Be 16 if there are enough entrants to do so. Your window tint had nothing to do with it, But and here is the huge BUt, every series in TORA states that Window Tint is BANNED, thus you already had an illegal modification (not performance based) on your car. To say thay im blaming you for not making A Lobby is ridiculous.

Thidly: If you were unable to change your settings PRIOR to the race start in the MP lobby You should of said something to Darkzer the lobby Host...we would of let you back out and change it in your garage, but you didnt...You made the willful decision to run without fuel and tire wear. That makes you just a cuplable (guilty) as someome who came in with the intention to run with no fuel and tire wear.

Fourthly: Yes you finished behind me, but as myself and others have said 63 laps is impossible on fuel in a Caution free race. Just because I finish ahead of you doesnt mean I should not concern myself with it. Im all for fairness and as I stated above if the lobby settings overwrote personal settings then there would not be an issue.

Yes I have not raced other series with you before but that doesnt mean jack. I wasnt the only one who called BS. If your settings were wrong and you knew they were and didnt say anything, and even if you didnt know but didnt check to make sure, the outcome is the same...You used a glitch to gain a huge advantage which took you from 1 lap down at lap 25 to 3rd by lap 80, eliminating 1 pit stop at a track where fuel saving that much would be someone pushing your car while its off.

Lets do the math. Starting at 95.2% fuel left in the tank. A single lap at Full Song ends at 91.7% Fuel. Thats 3.5% a lap. In 10 Laps you would use 35% of your fuel, another 10 laps is 70% of your fuel. Then every 3.5 is 1 lap of fuel so by my calculations you would use 98% of your fuel by lap 28...maybe 30-31 in the draft. So to go 63 laps you would need to use 1.2-1.4% Fuel per lap. Running around at 70mph in 4th gear uses 0.5% fuel per lap but you would of been a hazard even if on the apron consodering where everyone else was running. Running at 135 on the apron uses 1.8% per lap but your lap times suffer and you would still be a hazard. And running around in 4th at 100mph uses 1% of fuel. However look at lap times. Running around using 1% of fuel means by the time you complete 1 lap, you are already 1 lap down. Even if you were fuel saving you could NOT have maintained the lead lap.

With the math it is virtually impossible to fuel save that much, not be a hazard to those racimg at full speed and stay on the lead lap. Impossible.
avatar
Windcharger8199

TORA Race Number : 81
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1066
Location : Olive Hill, Kentucky, USA
Registration date : 2013-08-02
Reputation : 14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TORA TCF TASCAR Season 7 - General Discussion

Post by isyoube on Thu 19 Apr 2018 - 2:50

Wait, what is this glitch about fuel? If you guys know about it, why not say something and require a mandatory amount of pit stops. Show us in the race rules where their was a mandatory amount of pit stops?

Furthermore, @jgroves1996 you as a series organizer and admin, and @windcharger8199 should be handling this privately, and not allowing influence of the community in this decision. Also, in handling privately, you should not publicly bash someone and then apologize in private. Post your apology publicly here. Very shitty of you and handled very poorly by admin.

Lastly, take this situation and evaluate how you and other TORA admin and organizers can better plan and maintain a series rather than this sorry [Censored] you guys have been producing lately.

isyoube

TORA Race Number : 998
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2016-12-12
Reputation : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TORA TCF TASCAR Season 7 - General Discussion

Post by isyoube on Thu 19 Apr 2018 - 2:55

Also, where does it state that window tint can't be used? I'm not a fan of it myself, because in hood view, which I use, I need to see through the car ahead, but if it isn't banned or specifically stated not to, you can't use that to attack someone.

isyoube

TORA Race Number : 998
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2016-12-12
Reputation : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TORA TCF TASCAR Season 7 - General Discussion

Post by MNR Nightlocke on Thu 19 Apr 2018 - 3:21

isyoube wrote:Wait, what is this glitch about fuel? If you guys know about it, why not say something and require a mandatory amount of pit stops. Show us in the race rules where their was a mandatory amount of pit stops?

Furthermore, @jgroves1996 you as a series organizer and admin, and @windcharger8199 should be handling this privately, and not allowing influence of the community in this decision. Also, in handling privately, you should not publicly bash someone and then apologize in private. Post your apology publicly here. Very shitty of you and handled very poorly by admin.

Lastly, take this situation and evaluate how you and other TORA admin and organizers can better plan and maintain a series rather than this sorry [Censored] you guys have been producing lately.
JGroves also told one of my racers that he would not be allowed to enter the series as he “didn’t have a license number.” Even stating that he would refuse to let him enter after we being told that said driver had a license number and he could go confirm it. He refused to enter him until we gave him the license number for my driver. He doesn’t know how to conduct himself and to others, and I can safely say that Tascar is one of the single worst experiences I’ve had on TORA. I’m officially pulling out of it until they get it sorted out.

MNR Nightlocke

TORA Race Number : 349
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2015-12-04
Reputation : 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TORA TCF TASCAR Season 7 - General Discussion

Post by HCR NO MERCY on Thu 19 Apr 2018 - 3:52

Due to reasons that I can not explain in this chat. I'm leaving tascar. I want to thanks the admins for allowing me to race with great talent. Until next time.

HCR NO MERCY

TORA Race Number : 876
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 139
Location : USA
Registration date : 2016-03-05
Reputation : 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TORA TCF TASCAR Season 7 - General Discussion

Post by BIGBEN0913 on Thu 19 Apr 2018 - 4:28

First of all, the window tint rule is a long standing "unwritten rule" at TORA.  Even when I started here 4 years ago people told me that it was a rule.  The original rule is based on making sure that people are running the required roll-cage in certain series, not to mention how difficult that it makes it to see when racing ghosts.  

Secondly, I don't think that I need to tell everyone that Forza 7 has several glitches.  I'm learning about more and more of these random glitches everyday.  This was a new glitch to me, and I am sure to Jordan as well.  Had we known that this glitch existed, we would have adjusted to it and set a required number of stops.  This is something that we will be doing in the future.  

Nightloche, this is part of the new number system.  If you look around at other TORA series that are adapting to this new rule you will see the same thing.  I've posted that people need to post to request licenses before they can race several times in ASCC.  It's the same thing as requiring race numbers before.  If you are new to TORA, you have to request a license before you can race.



1st Forza 4 Grand Finale R1 & R2
avatar
BIGBEN0913

TORA Race Number : 13
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1586
Location : Pennsylvania, USA
Registration date : 2014-08-13
Reputation : 14

View user profile http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/forum

Back to top Go down

Re: TORA TCF TASCAR Season 7 - General Discussion

Post by MNR Nightlocke on Thu 19 Apr 2018 - 9:23

BIGBEN0913 wrote:First of all, the window tint rule is a long standing "unwritten rule" at TORA.  Even when I started here 4 years ago people told me that it was a rule.  The original rule is based on making sure that people are running the required roll-cage in certain series, not to mention how difficult that it makes it to see when racing ghosts.  

Secondly, I don't think that I need to tell everyone that Forza 7 has several glitches.  I'm learning about more and more of these random glitches everyday.  This was a new glitch to me, and I am sure to Jordan as well.  Had we known that this glitch existed, we would have adjusted to it and set a required number of stops.  This is something that we will be doing in the future.  

Nightloche, this is part of the new number system.  If you look around at other TORA series that are adapting to this new rule you will see the same thing.  I've posted that people need to post to request licenses before they can race several times in ASCC.  It's the same thing as requiring race numbers before.  If you are new to TORA, you have to request a license before you can race.

The rule states they must do it the first time a driver for a series after creating an account, however after that initial series they are no longer required to register for one. My driver had already done this and had a license number, but Jgroves was telling him that he refused to let him enter because he "didn't have a license number." Had he done a quick check, even to the registration for British GT, where we had told him he could go to confirm the license number just in case it wasn't in the system, he still did not want to let my driver in. I had to give my driver his number and have him personally give it to Groves for him to get entered. I'm not complaining about the new system, I think it's actually an improvement over the old number system. I'm merely remarking on the behaviors and professionalism shown by people involved with all this since it seems dirty laundry is being aired on this thread right now. Could I have worded it better, yes I could have and I will apologize for that. I stand by what I said though, this series is a mess currently and I'm not going to deal with the stress of everything happening at the moment. I am dropping out of this season of it and will return for another season later once all the kinks have been worked out. Doing jobs like running series is stressful, however I believe that there are things on all sides of it that need improvement and that will take time. Until that happens, I will save myself the stress of dealing with it and save others the fights that will inevitably come from that stress. As with anything, TORA will continue to grow and improve. Not everyone will always be happy, but there will always be something that both sides can do to ease the tension.

MNR Nightlocke

TORA Race Number : 349
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2015-12-04
Reputation : 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TORA TCF TASCAR Season 7 - General Discussion

Post by isyoube on Thu 19 Apr 2018 - 18:15

BIGBEN0913 wrote:First of all, the window tint rule is a long standing "unwritten rule" at TORA.  Even when I started here 4 years ago people told me that it was a rule.  The original rule is based on making sure that people are running the required roll-cage in certain series, not to mention how difficult that it makes it to see when racing ghosts.  

Secondly, I don't think that I need to tell everyone that Forza 7 has several glitches.  I'm learning about more and more of these random glitches everyday.  This was a new glitch to me, and I am sure to Jordan as well.  Had we known that this glitch existed, we would have adjusted to it and set a required number of stops.  This is something that we will be doing in the future.  

Nightloche, this is part of the new number system.  If you look around at other TORA series that are adapting to this new rule you will see the same thing.  I've posted that people need to post to request licenses before they can race several times in ASCC.  It's the same thing as requiring race numbers before.  If you are new to TORA, you have to request a license before you can race.

In response to your first paragraph - make it a written rule. You can't have an "unwritten rule" and then have people complain and fuss about it when it's not illegal. Make it a rule, or don't [Censored] about it

Second paragraph - Definitely has glitches, but from an outside perspective, I'm under the impression that several admin were aware of this glitch and when it happened to one of my teammates, who genuinely thought he was saving fuel having not run much TASCAR previously, you can't go on a public forum and start bashing and slandering. You (not specifically you, Ben, but the offending admin) must be held to a higher standard and set a better example. What he did was childish and there's no room for it as an admin. And on top of that, rather than apologizing publicly to cool the situation down, he apologizes in private and let's the bs continue. Oh, and also, badmouthed his buddy windcharger in the process.

I'm fully aware of how tough it is, and how time consuming it is to put on a series, and am grateful to have the opportunity to run with you guys and have a blast doing it when by crazy schedule allows, but you (again, not you, but the offending admin) can't do it and then whine about how hard and stressful it is, and act like a victim.

My $0.02

isyoube

TORA Race Number : 998
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2016-12-12
Reputation : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TORA TCF TASCAR Season 7 - General Discussion

Post by EZT MAKO 6669 on Thu 19 Apr 2018 - 18:36

In response to your second paragraph, he was told to change his settings and did not.
avatar
EZT MAKO 6669

TORA Race Number : 163
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 1723
Location : The Twilight Zone
Registration date : 2014-08-05
Reputation : 43

View user profile http://www.eztmotorsport.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Re: TORA TCF TASCAR Season 7 - General Discussion

Post by isyoube on Thu 19 Apr 2018 - 19:23

EZT MAKO 6669 wrote:In response to your second paragraph, he was told to change his settings and did not.

Was he though? Were you specifically in his lobby and heard someone to?

isyoube

TORA Race Number : 998
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2016-12-12
Reputation : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TORA TCF TASCAR Season 7 - General Discussion

Post by Mr Driv3 on Thu 19 Apr 2018 - 19:40

isyoube wrote:
BIGBEN0913 wrote:First of all, the window tint rule is a long standing "unwritten rule" at TORA.  Even when I started here 4 years ago people told me that it was a rule.  The original rule is based on making sure that people are running the required roll-cage in certain series, not to mention how difficult that it makes it to see when racing ghosts.  

Secondly, I don't think that I need to tell everyone that Forza 7 has several glitches.  I'm learning about more and more of these random glitches everyday.  This was a new glitch to me, and I am sure to Jordan as well.  Had we known that this glitch existed, we would have adjusted to it and set a required number of stops.  This is something that we will be doing in the future.  

Nightloche, this is part of the new number system.  If you look around at other TORA series that are adapting to this new rule you will see the same thing.  I've posted that people need to post to request licenses before they can race several times in ASCC.  It's the same thing as requiring race numbers before.  If you are new to TORA, you have to request a license before you can race.

In response to your first paragraph - make it a written rule. You can't have an "unwritten rule" and then have people complain and fuss about it when it's not illegal. Make it a rule, or don't [Censored] about it

Second paragraph - Definitely has glitches, but from an outside perspective, I'm under the impression that several admin were aware of this glitch and when it happened to one of my teammates, who genuinely thought he was saving fuel having not run much TASCAR previously, you can't go on a public forum and start bashing and slandering. You (not specifically you, Ben, but the offending admin) must be held to a higher standard and set a better example. What he did was childish and there's no room for it as an admin. And on top of that, rather than apologizing publicly to cool the situation down, he apologizes in private and let's the bs continue. Oh, and also, badmouthed his buddy windcharger in the process.

I'm fully aware of how tough it is, and how time consuming it is to put on a series, and am grateful to have the opportunity to run with you guys and have a blast doing it when by crazy schedule allows, but you (again, not you, but the offending admin) can't do it and then whine about how hard and stressful it is, and act like a victim.

My $0.02

Dude, it's an 80 lap race. At an oval. You're telling me that when everyone else was talking nothing but fuel/tyres/pit strategy non stop for all that time he did not once look down and realise that he didn't have any fuel consumption or tyre wear? Not one little look at his telemetry to try and see when he should be pitting in response to everyone else's pits? Not a thought of "wow this tank is lasting a while, better check how much is left"? That's a completely ridiculous idea to have.
As an example, HCR Carlsons realised in a previous race to Daytona that the exact same thing had happened. He did the honourable thing and made everyone aware that this glitch was happening and he just decided to pit with the leaders so that he had done the same amount of pit stops as he should have been doing. This allowed him to, yes have the glitch in progress, knowingly or not, but also keep things completely fair and showed true sportsmanship.
To me, it seems like NoMercy saw he wasn't using fuel and decided to "save" and drop back to the leaders so he didn't win by 5000 feet (just over 1 pit stop's worth of time). If he was truly saving then he wouldn't have gone back up to full throttle towards the end of the race. There's damning evidence in the replay and a whole lobby of people witnessed it

As for the window tint previously mentioned, have you ever seen a race car with window tint? I haven't. It's dangerous and unnecessary. He got told by Jordan after qualifying after it was brought to his attention:(and I quote) "As long as it's gone for the race, I don't care." It wasn't gone for the race. So what even if he didn't know it wasn't allowed before the race night, if you get told to adjust your car by the series organiser on race night, you go and do it, no questions asked.

He made some bad decisions and got penalised that's all there is to it. Take your lumps and deal with it, the last thing we tolerate is unsportsmanlike conduct here. This was a good example of it.







1st Lemons @ Le Mans 2nd Privateers Fiesta Spec Cup

avatar
Mr Driv3

TORA Race Number : 6
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1442
Location : Norwich (20 Mins From Snetterton)
Registration date : 2014-06-17
Reputation : 20

View user profile https://griptekperformance.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: TORA TCF TASCAR Season 7 - General Discussion

Post by isyoube on Thu 19 Apr 2018 - 19:55

Mr Driv3 wrote:
isyoube wrote:
BIGBEN0913 wrote:First of all, the window tint rule is a long standing "unwritten rule" at TORA.  Even when I started here 4 years ago people told me that it was a rule.  The original rule is based on making sure that people are running the required roll-cage in certain series, not to mention how difficult that it makes it to see when racing ghosts.  

Secondly, I don't think that I need to tell everyone that Forza 7 has several glitches.  I'm learning about more and more of these random glitches everyday.  This was a new glitch to me, and I am sure to Jordan as well.  Had we known that this glitch existed, we would have adjusted to it and set a required number of stops.  This is something that we will be doing in the future.  

Nightloche, this is part of the new number system.  If you look around at other TORA series that are adapting to this new rule you will see the same thing.  I've posted that people need to post to request licenses before they can race several times in ASCC.  It's the same thing as requiring race numbers before.  If you are new to TORA, you have to request a license before you can race.

In response to your first paragraph - make it a written rule. You can't have an "unwritten rule" and then have people complain and fuss about it when it's not illegal. Make it a rule, or don't [Censored] about it

Second paragraph - Definitely has glitches, but from an outside perspective, I'm under the impression that several admin were aware of this glitch and when it happened to one of my teammates, who genuinely thought he was saving fuel having not run much TASCAR previously, you can't go on a public forum and start bashing and slandering. You (not specifically you, Ben, but the offending admin) must be held to a higher standard and set a better example. What he did was childish and there's no room for it as an admin. And on top of that, rather than apologizing publicly to cool the situation down, he apologizes in private and let's the bs continue. Oh, and also, badmouthed his buddy windcharger in the process.

I'm fully aware of how tough it is, and how time consuming it is to put on a series, and am grateful to have the opportunity to run with you guys and have a blast doing it when by crazy schedule allows, but you (again, not you, but the offending admin) can't do it and then whine about how hard and stressful it is, and act like a victim.

My $0.02

Dude, it's an 80 lap race. At an oval. You're telling me that when everyone else was talking nothing but fuel/tyres/pit strategy non stop for all that time he did not once look down and realise that he didn't have any fuel consumption or tyre wear? Not one little look at his telemetry to try and see when he should be pitting in response to everyone else's pits? Not a thought of "wow this tank is lasting a while, better check how much is left"? That's a completely ridiculous idea to have.
As an example, HCR Carlsons realised in a previous race to Daytona that the exact same thing had happened. He did the honourable thing and made everyone aware that this glitch was happening and he just decided to pit with the leaders so that he had done the same amount of pit stops as he should have been doing. This allowed him to, yes have the glitch in progress, knowingly or not, but also keep things completely fair and showed true sportsmanship.
To me, it seems like NoMercy saw he wasn't using fuel and decided to "save" and drop back to the leaders so he didn't win by 5000 feet (just over 1 pit stop's worth of time). If he was truly saving then he wouldn't have gone back up to full throttle towards the end of the race. There's damning evidence in the replay and a whole lobby of people witnessed it

As for the window tint previously mentioned, have you ever seen a race car with window tint? I haven't. It's dangerous and unnecessary. He got told by Jordan after qualifying after it was brought to his attention:(and I quote) "As long as it's gone for the race, I don't care." It wasn't gone for the race. So what even if he didn't know it wasn't allowed before the race night, if you get told to adjust your car by the series organiser on race night, you go and do it, no questions asked.

He made some bad decisions and got penalised that's all there is to it. Take your lumps and deal with it, the last thing we tolerate is unsportsmanlike conduct here. This was a good example of it.

Agree to disagree - everyone has their own opinion and I don't agree with what your presenting, nor am I in a position to do anything about it. Nobody has presented a valid argument to my points, but this is the last I'll say on rules and enforcing them. From here on, I'm just here to point out how immature said admin is and how poorly this situation was handled. There's no excuse for that.

isyoube

TORA Race Number : 998
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2016-12-12
Reputation : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TORA TCF TASCAR Season 7 - General Discussion

Post by BoneFiend138 on Thu 19 Apr 2018 - 20:17

I was also unaware of said glitch with fuel until after the fact when one of my drivers was verbally attacked and accused of cheating which in all honesty will not be tolerated and hopefully will not be repeated in the future. And if these unwritten rules are not made official rules I for one will not follow them until they are written into the rules and regulations. And finally I think major glitches should be presented in a thread and where people can reported them so everyone can be on the same page because I found out about the Homestead pit glitch the hard way last season and no one mentioned it. Just my thoughts on the matter.
avatar
BoneFiend138

Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 89
Location : Texas, USA
Registration date : 2016-12-03
Reputation : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TORA TCF TASCAR Season 7 - General Discussion

Post by EZT MAKO 6669 on Thu 19 Apr 2018 - 20:17

isyoube wrote:
EZT MAKO 6669 wrote:In response to your second paragraph, he was told to change his settings and did not.

Was he though? Were you specifically in his lobby and heard someone to?

Were you?
In case you didn't notice, I am a steward. I was told by the lobby host that he was in fact told and that's good enough for me. Your going on a lot of suppositions and hearsay, none of which is evidence. There's a number of people commenting who do not have the actual facts, and so should refrain from running their mouths.
avatar
EZT MAKO 6669

TORA Race Number : 163
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 1723
Location : The Twilight Zone
Registration date : 2014-08-05
Reputation : 43

View user profile http://www.eztmotorsport.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Re: TORA TCF TASCAR Season 7 - General Discussion

Post by isyoube on Thu 19 Apr 2018 - 20:25

EZT MAKO 6669 wrote:
isyoube wrote:
EZT MAKO 6669 wrote:In response to your second paragraph, he was told to change his settings and did not.

Was he though? Were you specifically in his lobby and heard someone to?

Were you?
In case you didn't notice, I am a steward. I was told by the lobby host that he was in fact told and that's good enough for me. Your going on a lot of suppositions and hearsay, none of which is evidence. There's a number of people commenting who do not have the actual facts, and so should refrain from running their mouths.

So back to my previous point - another dimwitted official of this series who is acting like an immature jackass. I also see your post in Jgroves farewell thread, and this is exactly the problem with TORA.

Stewards, admin, and hosts who publicly attack and bash with no professionalism whatsoever. Events and SIs need to evaluated, without bias, and without a personal vendetta. You clearly have a vendetta here, along with other admin, hosts, and stewards on this site, and regardless of what is said on this forum, you must remove yourself from opinions and evaluate wholly and equally, which has not happened here.

isyoube

TORA Race Number : 998
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2016-12-12
Reputation : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TORA TCF TASCAR Season 7 - General Discussion

Post by Mr Driv3 on Thu 19 Apr 2018 - 20:33

isyoube wrote:
Mr Driv3 wrote:
isyoube wrote:
BIGBEN0913 wrote:First of all, the window tint rule is a long standing "unwritten rule" at TORA.  Even when I started here 4 years ago people told me that it was a rule.  The original rule is based on making sure that people are running the required roll-cage in certain series, not to mention how difficult that it makes it to see when racing ghosts.  

Secondly, I don't think that I need to tell everyone that Forza 7 has several glitches.  I'm learning about more and more of these random glitches everyday.  This was a new glitch to me, and I am sure to Jordan as well.  Had we known that this glitch existed, we would have adjusted to it and set a required number of stops.  This is something that we will be doing in the future.  

Nightloche, this is part of the new number system.  If you look around at other TORA series that are adapting to this new rule you will see the same thing.  I've posted that people need to post to request licenses before they can race several times in ASCC.  It's the same thing as requiring race numbers before.  If you are new to TORA, you have to request a license before you can race.

In response to your first paragraph - make it a written rule. You can't have an "unwritten rule" and then have people complain and fuss about it when it's not illegal. Make it a rule, or don't [Censored] about it

Second paragraph - Definitely has glitches, but from an outside perspective, I'm under the impression that several admin were aware of this glitch and when it happened to one of my teammates, who genuinely thought he was saving fuel having not run much TASCAR previously, you can't go on a public forum and start bashing and slandering. You (not specifically you, Ben, but the offending admin) must be held to a higher standard and set a better example. What he did was childish and there's no room for it as an admin. And on top of that, rather than apologizing publicly to cool the situation down, he apologizes in private and let's the bs continue. Oh, and also, badmouthed his buddy windcharger in the process.

I'm fully aware of how tough it is, and how time consuming it is to put on a series, and am grateful to have the opportunity to run with you guys and have a blast doing it when by crazy schedule allows, but you (again, not you, but the offending admin) can't do it and then whine about how hard and stressful it is, and act like a victim.

My $0.02

Dude, it's an 80 lap race. At an oval. You're telling me that when everyone else was talking nothing but fuel/tyres/pit strategy non stop for all that time he did not once look down and realise that he didn't have any fuel consumption or tyre wear? Not one little look at his telemetry to try and see when he should be pitting in response to everyone else's pits? Not a thought of "wow this tank is lasting a while, better check how much is left"? That's a completely ridiculous idea to have.
As an example, HCR Carlsons realised in a previous race to Daytona that the exact same thing had happened. He did the honourable thing and made everyone aware that this glitch was happening and he just decided to pit with the leaders so that he had done the same amount of pit stops as he should have been doing. This allowed him to, yes have the glitch in progress, knowingly or not, but also keep things completely fair and showed true sportsmanship.
To me, it seems like NoMercy saw he wasn't using fuel and decided to "save" and drop back to the leaders so he didn't win by 5000 feet (just over 1 pit stop's worth of time). If he was truly saving then he wouldn't have gone back up to full throttle towards the end of the race. There's damning evidence in the replay and a whole lobby of people witnessed it

As for the window tint previously mentioned, have you ever seen a race car with window tint? I haven't. It's dangerous and unnecessary. He got told by Jordan after qualifying after it was brought to his attention:(and I quote) "As long as it's gone for the race, I don't care." It wasn't gone for the race. So what even if he didn't know it wasn't allowed before the race night, if you get told to adjust your car by the series organiser on race night, you go and do it, no questions asked.

He made some bad decisions and got penalised that's all there is to it. Take your lumps and deal with it, the last thing we tolerate is unsportsmanlike conduct here. This was a good example of it.

Agree to disagree - everyone has their own opinion and I don't agree with what your presenting, nor am I in a position to do anything about it. Nobody has presented a valid argument to my points, but this is the last I'll say on rules and enforcing them. From here on, I'm just here to point out how immature said admin is and how poorly this situation was handled. There's no excuse for that.

I just did and you've "not agreed with what I'm presenting" and are "agreeing to disagree" about some pretty hard evidence. Without footage, it's fiction.







1st Lemons @ Le Mans 2nd Privateers Fiesta Spec Cup

avatar
Mr Driv3

TORA Race Number : 6
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1442
Location : Norwich (20 Mins From Snetterton)
Registration date : 2014-06-17
Reputation : 20

View user profile https://griptekperformance.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: TORA TCF TASCAR Season 7 - General Discussion

Post by JGROVES1996 on Thu 19 Apr 2018 - 20:35

I would love to know when i was immatuer in all this. Like it was said above, a lot of people here are commenting without a damn clue of what they are talking about. So we all pack it in now or the thread gets locked until the weekend. Constructive criticism is fine, this bitching is not



TCR DTM S3 Champion / TCR Super GT500 S1 Champion 

avatar
JGROVES1996

TORA Race Number : 96
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 2446
Location : East of England
Registration date : 2013-01-03
Reputation : 47

View user profile http://thecheckeredflag.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: TORA TCF TASCAR Season 7 - General Discussion

Post by EZT MAKO 6669 on Thu 19 Apr 2018 - 20:36

I have no vendetta and look at every SI without bias, as do all the other stewards and staff. I don't know Mercy and have never raced with him, so why would I have any ill will towards him? I simply looked at the FACTS presented in the SI and proceeded from there, as did all the other stewards and staff. I had not even looked at this forum until yesterday, long after the SI was discussed. Bottom line, you have absolutely NO basis to claim I have any bias whatsoever. If you think TORA is so flawed, feel free to move on.
avatar
EZT MAKO 6669

TORA Race Number : 163
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 1723
Location : The Twilight Zone
Registration date : 2014-08-05
Reputation : 43

View user profile http://www.eztmotorsport.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Re: TORA TCF TASCAR Season 7 - General Discussion

Post by MNR Nightlocke on Thu 19 Apr 2018 - 20:42

EZT MAKO 6669 wrote:
isyoube wrote:
EZT MAKO 6669 wrote:In response to your second paragraph, he was told to change his settings and did not.

Was he though? Were you specifically in his lobby and heard someone to?

Were you?
In case you didn't notice, I am a steward. I was told by the lobby host that he was in fact told and that's good enough for me. Your going on a lot of suppositions and hearsay, none of which is evidence. There's a number of people commenting who do not have the actual facts, and so should refrain from running their mouths.
All you have is the word of someone else as well. We are all in the same position, just opposite sides. Either way, everyone handled this wrong. It’s best at this point if we all just step back and agree to disagree.

MNR Nightlocke

TORA Race Number : 349
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2015-12-04
Reputation : 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TORA TCF TASCAR Season 7 - General Discussion

Post by HCR Motorhead on Thu 19 Apr 2018 - 22:19

Enough is enough. We categorically do not tolerate abuse from any source.

Final warning to anyone else who continues to harass or argue - you will be sent on a trip to cool down.


One C is better.

avatar
HCR Motorhead

TORA Race Number : 4
PC Number of posts : 2928
Registration date : 2012-09-07
Reputation : 76

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TORA TCF TASCAR Season 7 - General Discussion

Post by CarbonfiberYeti on Tue 8 May 2018 - 6:54

Round 7 Indy week. Will there be a topic post?
avatar
CarbonfiberYeti

TORA Race Number : 63
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 53
Location : Penticton B.C.
Registration date : 2016-12-17
Reputation : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TORA TCF TASCAR Season 7 - General Discussion

Post by HCR Yuuko on Tue 8 May 2018 - 8:32

Yup, will have that up today.



avatar
HCR Yuuko

TORA Race Number : 100
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1406
Location : Kong Studios
Registration date : 2014-10-25
Reputation : 22

View user profile http://happycatracing.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: TORA TCF TASCAR Season 7 - General Discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum