TORA ShirtRLM_10_main_logoMSA_full
Donations
Donations options

British GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Re: British GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION

Post by EVR Bolton on Sun 8 Jul 2018 - 15:58

I'm not sure if I can do British gt tonight, I'm signed up but may not make it back in time. Don't wait up for me
EVR Bolton

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2018-04-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SubaruWRX522 on Mon 9 Jul 2018 - 3:10

Unfortunately couldn't make it tonight due to a sudden bout of the flu... a perfect way to spend the weekend Mad Be back next month for Spa Cheers
SubaruWRX522

TORA Race Number : 229
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2017-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SFM Darkzer on Mon 9 Jul 2018 - 13:04

Live timing is fixed now.

The Darkzer Divebomb™

2018 TORA Trans Am US - P6, 2nd in Teams (SFM MURICA)
2018 TORA Spec Cup US (Audi TTS) - 2nd, 1st in Teams (SFM Silence)
2018 TORA British GT - P11, 3rd in Teams (SFM DIVEBOMB)
2018 RORA RRIPA - 1st
2018 TORA NATCC - P13, P5 in Teams (SFM Cruze Missile)
2018 TORA 24 Hours of Le Mans - 3rd (SFM Competizione)
2018 RORA Le Mans Series VI - 1st in PC
2018 TORA TASCAR - 3rd, 3rd in Teams (Swordfish Motorsport)
2018 TORA ASCC - 3rd in GT Teams (SFM Bavaria)
2018 RORA KTCC - 3rd
2017 RORA ARROW - 1st
2017 RORA Le Mans Series V -  3rd in Proto
2017 OPPO CTSC - 2nd
2016 RORA Le Mans Series IV -  2nd in GT
SFM Darkzer

TORA Race Number : 923
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1285
Registration date : 2016-10-15

View user profile https://www.reddit.com/user/Sindroome24

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR NO MERCY on Mon 9 Jul 2018 - 15:41

@AdamWatson99 Congratulation on the win in Lobby B. Fantastic racing bud. See you at spa!

HCR NO MERCY

TORA Race Number : 876
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2016-03-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DriftiNHero on Mon 9 Jul 2018 - 23:51

Some bloody great racing in B lobby yesterday in GT4.
Just a small highlight and taste of what was going on for last place in the final few laps.

http://xboxclips.com/DriftiNHero/17739eef-4dbf-4b76-ae52-40d3ea143c78

Hope you enjoy.
Thanks again EVR Statistic for the great racing.

(Just a real [censored] shame the BMW had to 2 stop.)

Drive Clean. Drive Fast.

As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep.
But if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride.

If you have everything under control, you're not moving fast enough.
2018 124 Spider Spec Cup 2nd UK & US, 1st Teams UK & US
2018 British GT GT4 8th, 5th Teams
2018 TTS Spec Cup 3rd US, 1st Teams UK
2018 TCC 4th, 3rd Teams
2018 Carrera Cup 1st Pro-Am, 2nd Teams Pro-Am
2018 Hot Hatch Europe 5th, 2nd Teams
2018 12 Hours Sebring 5th Overall Prototypes
2018 American Iron UK 3rd, 1st Teams
2017 SUV Cup 2nd, 3rd Teams
DriftiNHero

TORA Race Number : 624
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2016-08-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerox Vettel on Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 1:40

YMTV had a blast watching battles for the podium in A lobby. Only issue in A lobby was party connection issues. I think moving forward since we didn't have any issues yesterday doing this GT3 & GT4 need to be in separate parties. Just so long as one person from each GT4 and GT3 group keep in touch it should be fine right?

Aerox Vettel

PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2018-02-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamWatson99 on Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 14:18

ACG NO MERCY wrote:@AdamWatson99 Congratulation on the win in Lobby B. Fantastic racing bud. See you at spa!

Thank you,, Hopefully the same at Spa

TORA A Lobby Wins 1st : 14
#99 Allied Forces Racing Driver : http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/
TORA Winter British GT4 Drivers and Independent Champion 1st
TORA SUV Cup Drivers CHampionship 1st
AdamWatson99

TORA Race Number : 99
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 2012-07-11

View user profile http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt on Wed 11 Jul 2018 - 11:49

If anyone has any replays from A Lobby can they let me know so I can grab images for the BGT report?

Cheers Smile

Matt
jenson09

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14624
Registration date : 2008-08-05

View user profile http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerox Vettel on Wed 11 Jul 2018 - 23:14

Matt wrote:If anyone has any replays from A Lobby can they let me know so I can grab images for the BGT report?

Cheers Smile

Did Vain not give u any photos?

Aerox Vettel

PC Xbox One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanvxracing on Thu 12 Jul 2018 - 7:26

Matt wrote:If anyone has any replays from A Lobby can they let me know so I can grab images for the BGT report?

Cheers Smile

Yo. I feel I owe you an apology. I've had someone for the past few months (probably a lot longer in reality) in my ear, saying not so nice things about you, Hence why I si'd you a few weeks back. Realistically you didnt affect me or my race, but I felt it my job to go after you.

Needless to say I'm no longer in that team. So won't be happening again unless it affects me directly.

Sorry, and good luck tonight if you're racing TCC.

Ryanvxracing

TORA Race Number : 187
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2017-03-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VPR Torque on Sun 12 Aug 2018 - 20:33

Some kinda forza lagout in qualifying procedure should be in place so you can still qualify didn’t even get to set a lap
VPR Torque

TORA Race Number : 498
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2015-10-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GTR CesarsWrath on Sun 12 Aug 2018 - 21:58

Tonights proceedings was an absolute joke in C lobby, an hour after qualy had finished we're still waiting to start the race. 15 mins waiting for the lobby to set then lot of needless jibba jabba chit chat before we got going, lobby host had the wrong setting then DC'd. Restart and another 15 mins whilst the host gets lobby set back up, wanted to play with other settings, we told him what he needed to do and still messed up the lobby settings. Time at this point was 21:40, So really bad experience tonight. I might not be back as I don't want this experience again. After putting in all the time and effort to sit around and not get racing. Absolute disaster me and Warwick back out the lobby after this we'll be taking it as a drop round at the very least.

GTR CesarsWrath

TORA Race Number : 867
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2017-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerox Vettel on Mon 13 Aug 2018 - 0:04

Well in A lobby we waited an hour 30 min for the race to start largely because HCR were on some sort of strike. Lobby settings were definitely not correct. At least the race itself was all right guys that stayed had fun with one another.

Aerox Vettel

PC Xbox One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by EVR MeaD 212 on Mon 13 Aug 2018 - 0:26

To everyone in A lobby, I can only apologize for the delays that we had. The lobby settings were wrong due to some sort off glitch making it so you couldn't set the lobby up as it should, even if the settings in the menu were correct.

Thank you all who turned up and bared with me as I tried to sort things out to the best I could.

The racing was good and the atmosphere was good also.

Here's Cheers to no problems next time out.

ritchard1995@gmail.com

"AMS Datsun: - I was drunk and stoned, not my fault"

EVR MeaD 212

TORA Race Number : 212
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2013-02-02

View user profile http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR NO MERCY on Mon 13 Aug 2018 - 1:05

Congrats on the win in a lobby FTR! You guys earn it.

HCR NO MERCY

TORA Race Number : 876
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2016-03-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerox Vettel on Mon 13 Aug 2018 - 6:12

So sportsmanlike...🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Aerox Vettel

PC Xbox One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenigsegg R on Mon 13 Aug 2018 - 8:06

I’m sure Mercy’s post wasn’t meant as a direct message towards the FTR guys, since they are not to blame nor any other team or driver. Also apologies to Meadow for putting him in a tough spot yesterday.

The HCR teams/drivers were/are on ‘strike’ due to inaccuracies with the BoP. Which is basically nonexistent in the combination of the current builds with the chosen tracks. Everyone acknowledge that the FTR drivers are very quick and can get the maximum out of every car. However, when there are drivers, who have proven to be on par with them, 1 to 2 seconds slower a lap at Spa, you must realize something is wrong. At Spa the gap was enormous. In reality the gap at other tracks was also big, but perhaps not noticeable by the many. We felt like us not racing was the best action we could do to bring across our dissatisfaction with the current BoP. I know some of us have tried before, but the feedback wasn’t very appreciated.

Going forward we hope that the BoP will be adjusted for the final 2 rounds. Not just for the Porsche, Mercedes, Lamborghini, BMW and Audi, but for all GT3 cars. So that we can all enjoy a fun and honest fight on track where differences are made by tuning and driver skills, and not by unbalanced BoP.

Koenigsegg R

TORA Race Number : 117
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2011-07-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt on Mon 13 Aug 2018 - 8:49

EVR MeaD 212 wrote:To everyone in A lobby, I can only apologize for the delays that we had. The lobby settings were wrong due to some sort off glitch making it so you couldn't set the lobby up as it should, even if the settings in the menu were correct.

Thank you all who turned up and bared with me as I tried to sort things out to the best I could.

The racing was good and the atmosphere was good also.

Here's  Cheers to no problems next time out.

Really appreciated your efforts last night and EVERYONE who was kind enough to host qualy and race lobbies.
Clearly there's some setting weirdness going on because the settings I normally use resulted in an inverted grid but luckily we're all intelligent enough to know what places we were fighting for. That's the most intense battle for 7th (3rd) I've ever had lmao

Matt
jenson09

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt on Mon 13 Aug 2018 - 8:54

Koenigsegg R wrote:I’m sure Mercy’s post wasn’t meant as a direct message towards the FTR guys, since they are not to blame nor any other team or driver. Also apologies to Meadow for putting him in a tough spot yesterday.

The HCR teams/drivers were/are on ‘strike’ due to inaccuracies with the BoP. Which is basically nonexistent in the combination of the current builds with the chosen tracks. Everyone acknowledge that the FTR drivers are very quick and can get the maximum out of every car. However, when there are drivers, who have proven to be on par with them, 1 to 2 seconds slower a lap at Spa, you must realize something is wrong. At Spa the gap was enormous. In reality the gap at other tracks was also big, but perhaps not noticeable by the many. We felt like us not racing was the best action we could do to bring across our dissatisfaction with the current BoP. I know some of us have tried before, but the feedback wasn’t very appreciated.

Going forward we hope that the BoP will be adjusted for the final 2 rounds. Not just for the Porsche, Mercedes, Lamborghini, BMW and Audi, but for all GT3 cars. So that we can all enjoy a fun and honest fight on track where differences are made by tuning and driver skills, and not by unbalanced BoP.

Whenever BoP is discussed we ask for input from teams across the board - feedback from this is (as many of you may know) patchy at best. I suspect that this has do to with the perceived backlash if the BoP is considered wrong which saddens me because as a COMMUNITY we should all be pulling in the same direction.
Remember that we are ALL volunteers doing this as a HOBBY, It is my firm belief that a number of people forget this essential point.
We are happy to discuss BoP to benefit the WHOLE grid and TORA states in the rules that it reserves the rights to make BoP changes as it sees fit, However, we can only go on data received either in testing or through race results.
By NOT racing a number of cars have actually reduced the data possible rather than increased it. Qualifying times are not the be all and end all. Race pace is as important and we no do not know how a certain number of cars will have managed across the race at that circuit which is somewhat unique on the calendar.
Irrespective of which team it is - 'going on strike' does nothing but hurt the community and TORA as a whole.

Matt
jenson09

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt on Mon 13 Aug 2018 - 8:56

FTR Vettel wrote:Well in A lobby we waited an hour 30 min for the race to start largely because HCR were on some sort of strike. Lobby settings were definitely not correct. At least the race itself was all right guys that stayed had fun with one another.

Appreciated both yours and Vain's feedback during the evening.
Any data you guys gather please feel free to throw my way so we can look at BoP for future events.
Glad you had a good evening in the end despite your shortened Q session!

Matt
jenson09

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by DOR Martijn2702 on Mon 13 Aug 2018 - 10:52

In my humble opinion, the Porsche should run the BoP used in the endurance events. But sure you've heard this over and over again. What I don't get is why you would take a race hostage. First of all, you screwed your own team championships since there are no drop rounds. Secondly, you screwed your own championship in case of a DC or DNF/DNS in another race. And welll... Maybe the most important point. After an action like this, TORA can't make the BoP updates you want. If they do that, they basically say: just go on strike when you want a BoP adjustment, and we'll give it to you.

As for last. If you don't want to race, just don't sign in, and don't qualify. Don't be a pain in the *** to people who just want to have a fun night of racing. Really... A strike on TORA, what are you guys? 10?
DOR Martijn2702

TORA Race Number : 726
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2018-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerox Vettel on Mon 13 Aug 2018 - 14:32

Vain proved the BMW is on par with the Porsche and Merc so not sure why there's crying about BoP. Dont make assumptions on who's on par with who. That stunt the HCR guys pulled was childish and honestly as said on stream you do look like sore losers. As for Mead I appreciate you hosting A lobby despite everything.

Aerox Vettel

PC Xbox One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MNR Nightlocke on Mon 13 Aug 2018 - 14:36

GTR CesarsWrath wrote:Tonights proceedings was an absolute joke in C lobby, an hour after qualy had finished we're still waiting to start the race. 15 mins waiting for the lobby to set then lot of needless jibba jabba chit chat before we got going, lobby host had the wrong setting then DC'd. Restart and another 15 mins whilst the host gets lobby set back up, wanted to play with other settings, we told him what he needed to do and still messed up the lobby settings. Time at this point was 21:40, So really bad experience tonight. I might not be back as I don't want this experience again. After putting in all the time and effort to sit around and not get racing.  Absolute disaster me and Warwick back out the lobby after this we'll be taking it as a drop round at the very least.
Multiple people set up the lobby, and even set it up following the advice that you and others gave, the same issue still persisted. What baffles me is the fact that it wasn't an issue that even affected you. It was something that a host would have to sort out, and an issue that could be sorted within a minute or two post race. You started to get hostile towards the fact the race didn't start when it was maybe 9 PM BST. I'm not sure if you have ever raced on here before, but that is par for the course. As lobby hosts, the last thing we need is you all yelling at and berating us when we are simply trying to to keep the lobby open to race, especially when we find out so last second like that. I can fully understand that you were frustrated, and you along with everyone else have every right to be. However, the attitude you carried with you yesterday was completely inappropriate. You and your team mate decided to back out because you didn't want to run a race with an issue that didn't affect you. Even with my DC, there were still others in the lobby capable of handling the results without issue. As for your final comment on the time and effort you put in, how much work did you do beside sitting there yelling at everyone in there and threatening to leave? This isn't meant to sound condescending, but this is an issue that needs to be straightened out. Was the lobby a mess, absolutely it was. Settings were not working right, the advice you gave to fix the settings didn't work,I had to deal with your constant complaining and yelling about how awful TORA is, and pick up a lobby on next to no notice when I wasn't even expecting to race a day and a half prior. My point in all of this is that there were a lot of mistakes, however you need to learn to treat those that put in the effort to try and make it work. When they try putting on the settings that have been suggested and it's been seen that those settings don't work, don't go on a tirade against the host. If you can't suggest the thing that will fix it, don't take the liberty of attacking the person that is trying to make sure it is fixed so that you all can enjoy your race.

Owner/Founder of MidNight Racing
Free Agent driver for non-team events

2018 TORA 24 Hour LeMans - 7th in class (GT)

MNR Nightlocke

TORA Race Number : 349
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2015-12-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerox Vettel on Mon 13 Aug 2018 - 14:44

Matt wrote:
FTR Vettel wrote:Well in A lobby we waited an hour 30 min for the race to start largely because HCR were on some sort of strike. Lobby settings were definitely not correct. At least the race itself was all right guys that stayed had fun with one another.

Appreciated both yours and Vain's feedback during the evening.
Any data you guys gather please feel free to throw my way so we can look at BoP for future events.
Glad you had a good evening in the end despite your shortened Q session!

Thanks for giving me the chance for quali despite the glitch. Vain has posted a tie that matched his porsche time in the BMW as data for BoP. The BMW also feels more consistent than the Porsche. The FTR guys and myself believe the Merc was the quickest car around Spa.

Aerox Vettel

PC Xbox One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerox Vettel on Mon 13 Aug 2018 - 14:49

Koenigsegg R wrote:I’m sure Mercy’s post wasn’t meant as a direct message towards the FTR guys, since they are not to blame nor any other team or driver. Also apologies to Meadow for putting him in a tough spot yesterday.

I get it was somewhat about BoP, but there was more to it. I wasn't born yesterday I have the evidence I need that shows it was also about making TORA look stupid because Cerberus thought our pace in quali was "taking the piss." The convo was already submitted to the stewards as your strike was both about BoP and clear sabotage to the event. By the way, if Cerberus and them lot think that strongly about their pace relative to Cervy, mine and Vain they can race us anytime.

Aerox Vettel

PC Xbox One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next