TORA ShirtRLM_10_main_logoMSA_full
Donations
Donations options

British GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Re: British GT esports Championship - GENERAL DISCUSSION

Post by SVR Solar on Mon 13 Aug 2018 - 15:40

everyone is missing the Point, YAY we can prove the BMW is on pace "Solar and Vortex, your both [Censored]" but sorry think your missing the point here, me and Vortex were willing to race, me personally could do a mid 17 with little to no Practice. but the reason for us all doing it was mainly for the Lambo,Audi,Aston,Ferrari the BMW is somewhere there with Porsche and Merc.

Proving 1 car to make Me and Vortex look stupid is unfair and childish on your part. you completely missed the Point of what HCR wanted to do.

But hey i wanted to look after my health after feeling like crap last night. feel free to carry on.
SVR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2426
Registration date : 2014-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerox Vettel on Mon 13 Aug 2018 - 15:43

And this was something that's only been a problem after 5 rounds even though there was no mention of it before? Bit late to try and make that point isn't it? Vain actually helped TORA with actual data for BoP. I get you were feeling like crap solar, but your unsporting teammates weren't. The only people childish in all of this we're HCR.

Aerox Vettel

PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2018-02-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar on Mon 13 Aug 2018 - 15:48

FTR Vettel wrote:And this was something that's only been a problem after 5 rounds even though there was no mention of it before? Bit late to try and make that point isn't it? Vain actually helped TORA with actual data for BoP. I get you were feeling like crap solar, but your unsporting teammates weren't. The only people childish in all of this we're HCR.

i haven't turned up to every round for BGT think i missed some due to Travelling. but HCR Cerberus has been complaining about the Lambo been off pace since VIR if i remember correctly but he always got told to "deal with it" from what i know. but its apparent that the Lambo is no where near and same with the Audi. that was there point trying to prove. nothing to do with the BMW.
SVR Solar

Xbox 360 PC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SFM Darkzer on Mon 13 Aug 2018 - 15:52

It's clear everyone here is very passionate about racing, which is fantastic. What isn't as great is the conversational tone.

I have an idea that I feel would help the entire community.

Staff are going to post some test builds for some of the cars for Brands and Mugello. If you guys could go and test all those builds, that would help us help you have a more pleasant TORA experience.

I will freely admit the BoP was off at VIR a bit. In response, we nerfed the RSR and SLS, but it seems like there is still some work to do. Remember we are all volunteers here, some with less time than others to prepare for events like this.

I was also not present at Spa, I had some real-life commitments.

The Darkzer Divebomb™

2018 TORA Trans Am US - P6, 2nd in Teams (SFM MURICA)
2018 TORA Spec Cup US (Audi TTS) - 2nd, 1st in Teams (SFM Silence)
2018 TORA British GT - P11, 3rd in Teams (SFM DIVEBOMB)
2018 RORA RRIPA - 1st
2018 TORA NATCC - P13, P5 in Teams (SFM Cruze Missile)
2018 TORA 24 Hours of Le Mans - 3rd (SFM Competizione)
2018 RORA Le Mans Series VI - 1st in PC
2018 TORA TASCAR - 3rd, 3rd in Teams (Swordfish Motorsport)
2018 TORA ASCC - 3rd in GT Teams (SFM Bavaria)
2018 RORA KTCC - 3rd
2017 RORA ARROW - 1st
2017 RORA Le Mans Series V -  3rd in Proto
2017 OPPO CTSC - 2nd
2016 RORA Le Mans Series IV -  2nd in GT
SFM Darkzer

TORA Race Number : 923
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1285
Registration date : 2016-10-15

View user profile https://www.reddit.com/user/Sindroome24

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerox Vettel on Mon 13 Aug 2018 - 16:04

If anything it should just be the Ferrari Aston Audi and lambo that get a change. The Merc Porsche and m6 have been close to each other all year. I'm not confident though a BoP change will solve anything since another group of people driving a specific car or cars will get upset. Doesn't solve anything then does it? The difference in the strength of the cars makes it almost impossible to nail BoP.

Aerox Vettel

PC Xbox One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar on Mon 13 Aug 2018 - 16:09

FTR Vettel wrote:If anything it should just be the Ferrari Aston Audi and lambo that get a change. The Merc Porsche and m6 have been close to each other all year. I'm not confident though a BoP change will solve anything since another group of people driving a specific car or cars will get upset. Doesn't solve anything then does it? The difference in the strength of the cars makes it almost impossible to nail BoP.
thats what they were wanting give them the BoP change if they turn up fair enough, if they still don't turn up ill be disappointed.
SVR Solar

Xbox 360 PC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt on Mon 13 Aug 2018 - 16:12

My primary concern was a very clear audio conversation on a member's feed indicating that the motive for the 'strike' was not entirely BoP focused.

We have to be as professional and calm mannered when many of us had f/t jobs, families and lives away from here.
We are all volunteers and it is still abundantly clear that some members of this community choose to forget this vital point. We provide this environment to race for OUR collective benefit and because we are passionate about motorsport.

The actions of a few last night puts undue pressure on those trying to achieve the above. There are no prizes for this series therefore isn't the main goal to have fun and challenge ourselves against the best?
How is it I can be sat in Lobby D having a ding dong battle with DOR and others and having a great time while in other lobbies these sorts of squabbles occur?
As I stated before, no one in this community and environment benefits from the actions taken last night. Data is lost, reputations become tarnished and a decent night of racing is essentially ruined because some people think it'll be 'hilarious' to leave only 4 GT3s in A Lobby.

Time to move on, be constructive and helpful and make Brands and Mugello the best they can be.

Matt
jenson09

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14624
Registration date : 2008-08-05

View user profile http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar on Mon 13 Aug 2018 - 16:18

No need to hide where the Audio Convo came from cause that is clearly from my Stream last night.
SVR Solar

Xbox 360 PC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FTR Cervy on Mon 13 Aug 2018 - 16:21

If that's what everyone wants, then fine. But it's obvious that this is aimed at FTR because of our success. I don't see why we have to be punished for having fast drivers. I got a 19.1 in qualy and was running 18's during the race, so the car wasn't op, my teammates were.

Guarantee nobody would've complained if Rossi had gotten the 16.9, even though Vain is on par or even quicker than him.
FTR Cervy

Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2018-02-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar on Mon 13 Aug 2018 - 16:29

we have never questioned Vain or Vettel. i don't get your argument there Cervy, vettel just admitted that the Lambo,Ferrari,Audi,Bentley need working on and you just kinda said the opposite? that the BoP is fine and Vain and Vettel are just OP yet Vettel admitted the BoP for some cars aren't fine. eh??
SVR Solar

Xbox 360 PC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR NO MERCY on Mon 13 Aug 2018 - 16:32

Well I had fun in B lobby. Lets talk about how jgroves1996 was keeping me on my toes! Great racing jgroves1996.

HCR NO MERCY

TORA Race Number : 876
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2016-03-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenigsegg R on Mon 13 Aug 2018 - 16:40

FTR Cervy wrote:If that's what everyone wants, then fine. But it's obvious that this is aimed at FTR because of our success. I don't see why we have to be punished for having fast drivers. I got a 19.1 in qualy and was running 18's during the race, so the car wasn't op, my teammates were.

Guarantee nobody would've complained if Rossi had gotten the 16.9, even though Vain is on par or even quicker than him.
Did you read my post? At the very beginning I wrote that FTR is not to blame. Point is that we believe there’s an unbalanced BoP. Of course there can be a gap to FTR drivers due to skill level (as I stated). But the gap shouldn’t be as big as it is now based on the skill levels of non-FTR members. Multiple non-FTR members have proved to be just as quick or almost as quick as FTR members on several occasions. Majority of the current gap in BGT is due to car differences.

Koenigsegg R

TORA Race Number : 117
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2011-07-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerox Vettel on Mon 13 Aug 2018 - 16:52

Anyways...regarding the Aston and Ferrari the builds from TEC should work for those cars. The lambo needs to be taken with caution same w the Audi as well. I'll be wiing to help with BoP work I don't think they'll be as much to change as it sounds but we'll work it out. For the record though on my quali I did the 17.5 on my first run didn't go for any more since I had a shortened quali.

Aerox Vettel

PC Xbox One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar on Mon 13 Aug 2018 - 16:59

FTR Vettel wrote:Anyways...regarding the Aston and Ferrari the builds from TEC should work for those cars. The lambo needs to be taken with caution same w the Audi as well. I'll be wiing to help with BoP work I don't think they'll be as much to change as it sounds but we'll work it out. For the record though on my quali I did the 17.5 on my first run didn't go for any more since I had a shortened quali.

if you can work on the Audi and Lambo Builds ill be willing give them a bash after my Streams, would you be willing Support with a Tune also? if we can work on this together instead of seeing whos got the bigger "Penis" we can probably go places. and no not to the bedroom xD
SVR Solar

Xbox 360 PC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MNR Nightlocke on Mon 13 Aug 2018 - 17:00

Koenigsegg R wrote:
FTR Cervy wrote:If that's what everyone wants, then fine. But it's obvious that this is aimed at FTR because of our success. I don't see why we have to be punished for having fast drivers. I got a 19.1 in qualy and was running 18's during the race, so the car wasn't op, my teammates were.

Did you read my post? At the very beginning I wrote that FTR is not to blame. Point is that we believe there’s an unbalanced BoP. Of course there can be a gap to FTR drivers due to skill level (as I stated). But the gap shouldn’t be as big as it is now based on the skill levels of non-FTR members. Multiple non-FTR members have proved to be just as quick or almost as quick as FTR members on several occasions. Majority of the current gap in BGT is due to car differences.
It wasn't until now though that the gap was so massive. Prior to this, the cars were much more balanced. It's a hard sell to say that the builds are so drastically off when this is the first race that it was so disproportionate. It's near impossible to perfectly balance builds and some cars naturally do better at some tracks.

Owner/Founder of MidNight Racing
Free Agent driver for non-team events

2018 TORA 24 Hour LeMans - 7th in class (GT)

MNR Nightlocke

TORA Race Number : 349
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2015-12-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar on Mon 13 Aug 2018 - 17:01

MNR Nightlocke wrote:
Koenigsegg R wrote:

It wasn't until now though that the gap was so massive. Prior to this, the cars were much more balanced. It's a hard sell to say that the builds are so drastically off when this is the first race that it was so disproportionate. It's near impossible to perfectly balance builds and some cars naturally do better at some tracks.

this excludes the BMW btw, the BMW is the only car thats been on pace with the FTR lads. look at the Lambo and Audi its always been 8 tenths to More off the pace. every track.
SVR Solar

Xbox 360 PC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerox Vettel on Mon 13 Aug 2018 - 17:06

Solar I'm more than willing to collaborate. If you see me online chuck me a party invite. I do think the Aston and Ferrari from TEC are fine (they we're tested against the BGT Porsche and when I ran them they were equal). I don't have any tunes for the Audi or lambo so it'll be some work but I'm sure we can get something from testing.

Aerox Vettel

PC Xbox One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar on Mon 13 Aug 2018 - 17:09

FTR Vettel wrote:Solar I'm more than willing to collaborate. If you see me online chuck me a party invite. I do think the Aston and Ferrari from TEC are fine (they we're tested against the BGT Porsche and when I ran them they were equal). I don't have any tunes for the Audi or lambo so it'll be some work but I'm sure we can get something from testing.

ill speak to Vortex, but i need to work on the Spa Builds now for TEC so gonna look into that first. takes priority for me over BGT haha Razz
SVR Solar

Xbox 360 PC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerox Vettel on Mon 13 Aug 2018 - 17:12

Actually come to think of it for the Audi try the homologated build since around Silverstone that car ran 200.0 in bowketts hands with old track limits. He also had an 18 around spa at night with old track limits. For the Lambo it was on pace for most races bar spa maybe a front tire width would be fair for the Lambo?

Aerox Vettel

PC Xbox One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SFM Darkzer on Mon 13 Aug 2018 - 20:50

FTR Vettel wrote:Actually come to think of it for the Audi try the homologated build since around Silverstone that car ran 200.0 in bowketts hands with old track limits. He also had an 18 around spa at night with old track limits. For the Lambo it was on pace for most races bar spa maybe a front tire width would be fair for the Lambo?

Audi's issue is front grip. It has next to no front downforce, and is already on max tires.

The Darkzer Divebomb™

2018 TORA Trans Am US - P6, 2nd in Teams (SFM MURICA)
2018 TORA Spec Cup US (Audi TTS) - 2nd, 1st in Teams (SFM Silence)
2018 TORA British GT - P11, 3rd in Teams (SFM DIVEBOMB)
2018 RORA RRIPA - 1st
2018 TORA NATCC - P13, P5 in Teams (SFM Cruze Missile)
2018 TORA 24 Hours of Le Mans - 3rd (SFM Competizione)
2018 RORA Le Mans Series VI - 1st in PC
2018 TORA TASCAR - 3rd, 3rd in Teams (Swordfish Motorsport)
2018 TORA ASCC - 3rd in GT Teams (SFM Bavaria)
2018 RORA KTCC - 3rd
2017 RORA ARROW - 1st
2017 RORA Le Mans Series V -  3rd in Proto
2017 OPPO CTSC - 2nd
2016 RORA Le Mans Series IV -  2nd in GT
SFM Darkzer

TORA Race Number : 923
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1285
Registration date : 2016-10-15

View user profile https://www.reddit.com/user/Sindroome24

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerox Vettel on Mon 13 Aug 2018 - 20:52

Take off the power handicap and try homologation build. The straightline should compensate. I'd try leecampbells tune since for the ams r8 league they were using that tune and hitting those times

Aerox Vettel

PC Xbox One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt on Mon 13 Aug 2018 - 22:13

Thanks all for the constructive action.

Matt
jenson09

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14624
Registration date : 2008-08-05

View user profile http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JGROVES1996 on Tue 14 Aug 2018 - 0:22

HCR NO MERCY wrote:Well I had fun in B lobby. Lets talk about how jgroves1996 was keeping me on my toes! Great racing jgroves1996.

Just seen this dude! Many thanks! It was a great race! Smile Great driving by yourself too! That was huge fun! Smile

TCR DTM S3 Champion / TCR Super GT500 S1 Champion 

JGROVES1996

TORA Race Number : 96
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 2455
Registration date : 2013-01-03

View user profile http://thecheckeredflag.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerox Vettel on Tue 14 Aug 2018 - 1:53

LOL apparently HCR Papyrus has accused FTR of making the builds and making the Merc and Porsche OP. This is honestly too funny.

Last edited by FTR Vettel on Tue 14 Aug 2018 - 4:42; edited 1 time in total

Aerox Vettel

PC Xbox One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR NO MERCY on Tue 14 Aug 2018 - 4:03

"Guess Bush did 9/11" Not funny FTR Vettel. I had a family member who got injured in that. Some JOKES, are not funny. Please watch it!

HCR NO MERCY

TORA Race Number : 876
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2016-03-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next