Log in

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2018 Fiat 124 Spider Spec Cup Standings (UK)
Yesterday at 16:03 by TakedownBike976

» British GT Stewards Office
Yesterday at 0:36 by hunty1981

» Stewards Office
Yesterday at 0:23 by hunty1981

» Trans Am General Discussion
Fri 21 Sep 2018 - 22:15 by HCCR COLONEL

» Trans Am Laptime Thread
Fri 21 Sep 2018 - 5:03 by THR Sparky

» Registration & Entry List
Thu 20 Sep 2018 - 23:24 by LMP Grizz

» Trans Am EU Championship Registration
Thu 20 Sep 2018 - 14:22 by Jamie90VXR

» 2018 Fiat 124 Spider Spec Cup Registration (US)
Wed 19 Sep 2018 - 23:26 by DriftiNHero

» 2018 Fiat 124 Spider Spec Cup Sign In & Live Timing (US)
Wed 19 Sep 2018 - 23:15 by Mr Driv3

Facebook
Instagram
Sponsors & Affiliates
TORA ShirtRLM_10_main_logoMSA_full
Donations
Donations options

TCC General Discussion

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re: TCC General Discussion

Post by LMP Crimsonify on Mon 11 Jun 2018 - 8:41

DOR stug77 wrote:I'm done with this I'll leave you guys to crack on....no one is willing to look at this from my point of view so crack on.......I have no issues racing anyone else on any other forums.
You guys are clearly ignoring the fact that he drove straight at the end of that turn and from my viewpoint made no attempt to turn right other wise why was the side of his car right in front of my car!.
Like I said I'm done



#1. Nope. I was turning left. Check my telemetry in the replay.

#2. I think you mean left.

#3. Because you left the inside wide open and then turned in like nobody was there.

Listen mate, I have absolutely nothing against you but you're in the wrong here. I reckoned you didn't even know I was there judging by the fact that you almost drove me off course on the exit of Druids. Just because you didn't see me coming doesn't mean I wasn't there. You went on the ideal racing line giving me enough space to completely pass you (check the position tickers), then you just turn in aiming at the apex. Judging by how fast that corner is (you said it yourself), you could have easily gone past me by staying on the outside and conserving momentum. You just can't drive the ideal line all race without spatial awareness and then blame passing drivers for coming out of nowhere. You just made a mistake and a simple sorry would have been enough, no need to go race on other forums for one incident. Just, pay more attention next time...
avatar
LMP Crimsonify

TORA Race Number : 35
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 62
Location : Bucharest, Romania.
Registration date : 2017-09-11
Reputation : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TCC General Discussion

Post by DOR stug77 on Mon 11 Jun 2018 - 9:06

>>Ok no problem was completely my fault no problem.

>>Alright my mistake.......left Not right....It's fine like I said >>I'm done.
avatar
DOR stug77

TORA Race Number : 77
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 858
Location : durham
Registration date : 2013-11-06
Reputation : 12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TCC General Discussion

Post by EZT MAKO 6669 on Mon 11 Jun 2018 - 11:23

Don't make me call your moms................
avatar
EZT MAKO 6669

TORA Race Number : 163
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 1723
Location : The Twilight Zone
Registration date : 2014-08-05
Reputation : 43

View user profile http://www.eztmotorsport.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Re: TCC General Discussion

Post by DOR Martijn2702 on Mon 11 Jun 2018 - 12:31

Sorry, but flicking the right stick left or right in a braking zone (there's hardly any straight there...). What a ridiculous suggestion. Of course you need to know where the other cars are. This is the reason I switched from cockpit cam to chase cam not short after starting league racing.

When you have a cockpit or bonnet cam. You trust on the proximity arrow (which can be misleading sometimes). And you look what was the last point you saw the other car, and make a judgement on where they will/won't be next corner(s).

Stug ran Crimsonify out wide, completely legal (one car width was given). As a result of this Crimsonify dropped back slightly, as he got on the curb. This put him in Stugs blind spot.

Coming up to the left hander. Stug takes the normal racing line (slow in, fast out). While Crimsonify goes for a dive (fast in, and park it on the apex). A very risky move on this corner, but I'm not going to decide where you can/can't overtake. Because of the nature of the move and the corner. Stug didn't had much time to react to it.

In my opinion it's just a racing incident. Combined with some dodgy Forza physics.
avatar
DOR Martijn2702

TORA Race Number : 726
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 37
Location : The Netherlands
Registration date : 2018-01-10
Reputation : 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TCC General Discussion

Post by HCR Motorhead on Mon 11 Jun 2018 - 13:50

Jeez, it's one SI. Even the Archbishop of TORA has received a penalty before.

Some people need to learn to fall on their sword.


One C is better.

avatar
HCR Motorhead

TORA Race Number : 4
PC Number of posts : 2928
Registration date : 2012-09-07
Reputation : 76

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TCC General Discussion

Post by DOR stug77 on Mon 11 Jun 2018 - 13:59

HCR Motorhead wrote:Jeez, it's one SI. Even the Archbishop of TORA has received a penalty before.

Some people need to learn to fall on their sword.

And by that you mean.......take it shut up and move on no matter what my opinion is because....the stewards have spoken?
avatar
DOR stug77

TORA Race Number : 77
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 858
Location : durham
Registration date : 2013-11-06
Reputation : 12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TCC General Discussion

Post by HCR Motorhead on Mon 11 Jun 2018 - 14:06

DOR stug77 wrote:
HCR Motorhead wrote:Jeez, it's one SI. Even the Archbishop of TORA has received a penalty before.

Some people need to learn to fall on their sword.

And by that you mean.......take it shut up and move on no matter what my opinion is because....the stewards have spoken?

Decisions are indeed final.

But it's just a very minor incident. We can all live and learn a bit. There's more to life than this, yet you make us out like we threw you under the bus?

Imagine telling real life stewards about any lack of awareness.


One C is better.

avatar
HCR Motorhead

TORA Race Number : 4
PC Number of posts : 2928
Registration date : 2012-09-07
Reputation : 76

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TCC General Discussion

Post by DriftiNHero on Mon 11 Jun 2018 - 14:27

DOR Martijn2702 wrote:Sorry, but flicking the right stick left or right in a braking zone (there's hardly any straight there...). What a ridiculous suggestion. Of course you need to know where the other cars are. This is the reason I switched from cockpit cam to chase cam not short after starting league racing.

When you have a cockpit or bonnet cam. You trust on the proximity arrow (which can be misleading sometimes). And you look what was the last point you saw the other car, and make a judgement on where they will/won't be next corner(s).

Stug ran Crimsonify out wide, completely legal (one car width was given). As a result of this Crimsonify dropped back slightly, as he got on the curb. This put him in Stugs blind spot.

Coming up to the left hander. Stug takes the normal racing line (slow in, fast out). While Crimsonify goes for a dive (fast in, and park it on the apex). A very risky move on this corner, but I'm not going to decide where you can/can't overtake. Because of the nature of the move and the corner. Stug didn't had much time to react to it.

In my opinion it's just a racing incident. Combined with some dodgy Forza physics.

Sorry if me giving my 2 cents is taken badly but I just wanted to point out a couple things.

To call that a car's width on the outside is a bit close. But yh sure that can be argued I don't mind.
But after running him wide out of druids and knowing Crim had the momentum from even before the corner he surely could have expected him to still be on his outside to then become inside and go for the move. Just as a precautionary measure run the wide line and he would have most likely had the run back past Crim anyways.
But I myself have made the mistake of not being aware enough in the past and have learnt from my mistakes. Crim himself has too Wink (I remember it well).

So why not perhaps admit that you did make a mistake and could've expected it and learn from it for you further racing career, wherever that might be.

May we have more close racing out on track this coming Thursday.
And everyone don't forget to sign in.
See you then.


Drive Clean. Drive Fast.

As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep.
But if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride.

If you have everything under control, you're not moving fast enough.




2018 TTS Spec Cup                   3rd Drivers US,            1st Teams UK
2018 TCC                                 4th Drivers,                3rd Teams
2018 Carrera Cup                       1st Drivers Pro-Am,     2nd Teams Pro-Am
2018 Hot Hatch Europe               5th Drivers,                2nd Teams
2018 12 Hours Sebring                5th Overall Prototypes
2018 American Iron UK                3rd Drivers,                1st Teams
2017 SUV Cup                           2nd Drivers,                3rd Teams
avatar
DriftiNHero

TORA Race Number : 624
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 223
Location : Basel, Switzerland
Registration date : 2016-08-28
Reputation : -1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TCC General Discussion

Post by DOR stug77 on Mon 11 Jun 2018 - 14:33

HCR Motorhead wrote:
DOR stug77 wrote:
HCR Motorhead wrote:Jeez, it's one SI. Even the Archbishop of TORA has received a penalty before.

Some people need to learn to fall on their sword.

And by that you mean.......take it shut up and move on no matter what my opinion is because....the stewards have spoken?

Decisions are indeed final.

But it's just a very minor incident. We can all live and learn a bit. There's more to life than this, yet you make us out like we threw you under the bus?

Imagine telling real life stewards about any lack of awareness.

When it looks like the incident was viewed from one perspective yes I would question the decision as would anyone....wouldn't they?
avatar
DOR stug77

TORA Race Number : 77
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 858
Location : durham
Registration date : 2013-11-06
Reputation : 12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TCC General Discussion

Post by DOR stug77 on Mon 11 Jun 2018 - 14:35

Further more I will admit I made a mistake but it was a racing incident to which a 3 place penalty is unfair considering we were both going at it for 3rd and both finished outside the top 5 hence my objections to the penalty awarded
avatar
DOR stug77

TORA Race Number : 77
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 858
Location : durham
Registration date : 2013-11-06
Reputation : 12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TCC General Discussion

Post by LMP Crimsonify on Mon 11 Jun 2018 - 14:54

DOR stug77 wrote:Further more I will admit I made a mistake but it was a racing incident to which a 3 place penalty is unfair considering we were both going at it for 3rd and both finished outside the top 5 hence my objections to the penalty awarded

I don't think we should question the stewards' fairness judging by the fact that you actually finished 5th in that race while I finished 9th.
You caused an incident that cost you two positions whilst I lost six. Even with that penalty you're still in front of me in the championship.

We all make mistakes. I remember every single one of mine but I learned something and got over them.
See you and the rest of the guys on Thursday.
avatar
LMP Crimsonify

TORA Race Number : 35
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 62
Location : Bucharest, Romania.
Registration date : 2017-09-11
Reputation : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TCC General Discussion

Post by EZT MAKO 6669 on Mon 11 Jun 2018 - 15:57

DOR stug77 wrote:
HCR Motorhead wrote:
DOR stug77 wrote:
HCR Motorhead wrote:Jeez, it's one SI. Even the Archbishop of TORA has received a penalty before.

Some people need to learn to fall on their sword.

And by that you mean.......take it shut up and move on no matter what my opinion is because....the stewards have spoken?

Decisions are indeed final.

But it's just a very minor incident. We can all live and learn a bit. There's more to life than this, yet you make us out like we threw you under the bus?

Imagine telling real life stewards about any lack of awareness.

When it looks like the incident was viewed from one perspective yes I would question the decision as would anyone....wouldn't they?

First off, I hope you don't take any of this personally, because it's not. I take pride in viewing every inquiry objectively and without bias, whether it's friend or foe, as I know the rest of my steward teammates do.

Second, as I'm sure you know, it's not just two or three stewards making decisions. There are a half a dozen stewards as well as an equal number of staff members who regularly take part in discussing each inquiry. We all give our view of the incident and then discuss all angles. We only view the incident the inquiry names, the rest of the race is irrelevant, unless other factors or SI's come into play. When we come to an agreement on a penalty, it is a majority opinion that we feel is fair and justified.

For the record, the replay I saw of this incident was enough to justify the penalty we arrived at. I cannot and will not discuss anything further here in public because to do so would be inappropriate and unfair to you in particular. If you would like a further explanation,please feel free to contact me or any of the other stewards.

I think the point Motorhead was trying to make above is this conversation has gone beyond the point of being suitable for this forum. We do our best to keep the forums free from arguments and dissent, as it has no positive outcome in the end. You guys can argue all you want in private, and again, if you would like to further discuss it with me in private you are more than welcome to.

Thanks,
MAKO
avatar
EZT MAKO 6669

TORA Race Number : 163
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 1723
Location : The Twilight Zone
Registration date : 2014-08-05
Reputation : 43

View user profile http://www.eztmotorsport.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Re: TCC General Discussion

Post by SVR Solar on Mon 11 Jun 2018 - 17:16

check my SI if you want something to whinge about your lucky to have the -3 Penalty, i gave Exzilted like 10 seconds to get his spot back and he spins it himself into the wall after the initial contact and i get the same penalty as you, and i have to sit here and take it, so u should too.

not trying be a douche, but im more fcked off that i got the same penalty as people that just drove straight after taking someone out as i waited 10 seconds.
avatar
SVR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2355
Location : England
Registration date : 2014-07-18
Reputation : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TCC General Discussion

Post by Flyin Mikey J on Mon 11 Jun 2018 - 17:28

My wife is now on a low sodium diet. I find it a bit weird to go out of my way in the store to find items containing less sodium.

I just wish this discussion was also less salty.


______________________



http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/
1st 2012 MMTCC Sedan Championship 2016 VTCC TC250 US Championship
avatar
Flyin Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 12967
Location : The Land That Time Forgot
Registration date : 2012-04-20
Reputation : 222

View user profile http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: TCC General Discussion

Post by EZT MAKO 6669 on Mon 11 Jun 2018 - 17:55

HCR Solar wrote:check my SI if you want something to whinge about your lucky to have the -3 Penalty, i gave Exzilted like 10 seconds to get his spot back and he spins it himself into the wall after the initial contact and i get the same penalty as you, and i have to sit here and take it, so u should too.

not trying be a douche, but im more fcked off that i got the same penalty as people that just drove straight after taking someone out as i waited 10 seconds.

Seriously Solar? I expect a bit better from you. You got a fair shake as you admitted to the contact, and PROD's sloppy re-entry was duly noted. Please don't add fuel to the fire here bud, you of all people know where that ends up.
avatar
EZT MAKO 6669

TORA Race Number : 163
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 1723
Location : The Twilight Zone
Registration date : 2014-08-05
Reputation : 43

View user profile http://www.eztmotorsport.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Re: TCC General Discussion

Post by DOR stug77 on Mon 11 Jun 2018 - 18:23

I've already moved on from this
avatar
DOR stug77

TORA Race Number : 77
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 858
Location : durham
Registration date : 2013-11-06
Reputation : 12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TCC General Discussion

Post by EZT MAKO 6669 on Mon 11 Jun 2018 - 18:36

DOR stug77 wrote:I've already moved on from this

Cheers
avatar
EZT MAKO 6669

TORA Race Number : 163
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 1723
Location : The Twilight Zone
Registration date : 2014-08-05
Reputation : 43

View user profile http://www.eztmotorsport.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Re: TCC General Discussion

Post by SVR Solar on Mon 11 Jun 2018 - 18:56

EZT MAKO 6669 wrote:
HCR Solar wrote:check my SI if you want something to whinge about your lucky to have the -3 Penalty, i gave Exzilted like 10 seconds to get his spot back and he spins it himself into the wall after the initial contact and i get the same penalty as you, and i have to sit here and take it, so u should too.

not trying be a douche, but im more fcked off that i got the same penalty as people that just drove straight after taking someone out as i waited 10 seconds.

Seriously Solar? I expect a bit better from you. You got a fair shake as you admitted to the contact, and PROD's sloppy re-entry was duly noted. Please don't add fuel to the fire here bud, you of all people know where that ends up.

i admitted to the Contact, i guess i was expecting a bit more leniency with a wait of 10 seconds just for him to spin it. back into the wall. but whats done is done. if ya wanna poke me more feel free. but don't say im making matters worse, when people got off lightly and got the same penalty after not waiting.

i was just saying my Piece, considering i tried to appeal the decision. but was not allowed. so don't think im trying be a d1ck sorry if it came across that way.
avatar
SVR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2355
Location : England
Registration date : 2014-07-18
Reputation : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TCC General Discussion

Post by DOR stug77 on Mon 11 Jun 2018 - 20:04

>>I had no reason to wait as from my perspective the >>other driver involved was just as in the wrong by putting >>his car in a vulnerable position on track in such a fast >>turn.
>>I gave him room.....granted Not as much as I should >>have but I was thinking he was going to back off and >>attack later rather than risking us both going off as I >>had the ideal racing line and at that point didn't feel compromised.
But that was my view.
avatar
DOR stug77

TORA Race Number : 77
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 858
Location : durham
Registration date : 2013-11-06
Reputation : 12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TCC General Discussion

Post by HCR Motorhead on Mon 11 Jun 2018 - 21:45

DOR stug77 wrote:I've already moved on from this

DOR stug77 wrote:>>I had no reason to wait as from my perspective the >>other driver involved was just as in the wrong by putting >>his car in a vulnerable position on track in such a fast >>turn.
>>I gave him room.....granted Not as much as I should >>have but I was thinking he was going to back off and >>attack later rather than risking us both going off as I >>had the ideal racing line and at that point didn't feel compromised.
But that was my view.



One C is better.

avatar
HCR Motorhead

TORA Race Number : 4
PC Number of posts : 2928
Registration date : 2012-09-07
Reputation : 76

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TCC General Discussion

Post by The Racing Nova on Thu 14 Jun 2018 - 14:48

HCR Motorhead wrote:
DOR stug77 wrote:
HCR Motorhead wrote:Jeez, it's one SI. Even the Archbishop of TORA has received a penalty before.

Some people need to learn to fall on their sword.

And by that you mean.......take it shut up and move on no matter what my opinion is because....the stewards have spoken?

Decisions are indeed final.

But it's just a very minor incident. We can all live and learn a bit. There's more to life than this, yet you make us out like we threw you under the bus?

Imagine telling real life stewards about any lack of awareness.

Yeah I've seen that happen...basically end up with liscense revoke..
avatar
The Racing Nova

TORA Race Number : 86
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 1183
Location : UK, Kent
Registration date : 2014-06-16
Reputation : 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TCC General Discussion

Post by The Racing Nova on Thu 14 Jun 2018 - 14:49

All I'm saying is people calm down

I got absolutely screwed last time by one driver who didn't know.i was there and clattered along the sides of me like 7 times but I realised this so a little touch back to make him know I'm.there and all sorted. No need to throw Si or start calling absolute.outrage and hate yadda yadda

avatar
The Racing Nova

TORA Race Number : 86
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 1183
Location : UK, Kent
Registration date : 2014-06-16
Reputation : 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TCC General Discussion

Post by DOR stug77 on Thu 14 Jun 2018 - 15:03

The Racing Nova wrote:All I'm saying is people calm down

I got absolutely screwed last time by one driver who didn't know.i was there and clattered along the sides of me like 7 times but I realised this so a little touch back to make him know I'm.there and all sorted. No need to throw Si or start calling absolute.outrage and hate yadda yadda


I'm calm it's water under the bridge ....it's all gooooood
avatar
DOR stug77

TORA Race Number : 77
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 858
Location : durham
Registration date : 2013-11-06
Reputation : 12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TCC General Discussion

Post by DOR stug77 on Thu 14 Jun 2018 - 15:36

>>>>So what lap times are looking at at the buggati circuit ?........anyone?
avatar
DOR stug77

TORA Race Number : 77
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 858
Location : durham
Registration date : 2013-11-06
Reputation : 12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TCC General Discussion

Post by F4H Diablo on Thu 14 Jun 2018 - 15:49

I imagine low 42s will be cut off for A lobby, pole somewhere around a 41.5, give or take a few tenths.


Sole Owner of the Meme Cannon™







2012 VLN- SP2, F4H Chowderheads: 2nd
2017 ASCC 24 Hours of Daytona- 1st
2017 ASCC 12 Hours of Sebring- 1st
2017 NATCC Season 7- 1st Overall, Team's Champion
2017 ASCC 10 Hours of Road Atlanta- 3rd
2017 ASCC Sprint Series- 3rd
2017 ASCC Endurance Cup- 1st
2018 American Iron US- 2nd Drivers, 2nd Privateers
2018 Hot Hatch Challenge US - 1st Drivers, 3rd Privateers

F4H Diablo

TORA Race Number : 29
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2231
Location : Maine
Registration date : 2011-01-22
Reputation : 76

View user profile http://www.f4hmotorsport.com

Back to top Go down

Re: TCC General Discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum